This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So, when can we actually have a..'evil' legendary Pokemon?

#11InhaledCornPosted 2/27/2013 9:02:23 AM
Pokemon are supposed to be beyond traditional human concepts of "good" and "evil".
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
*headdesk* what a time to have no money...
#12Alty1Posted 2/27/2013 9:08:16 AM
"Good" and "evil" are childish distinctions with no real application in the real world.

Honestly, I'd say that if anything is a childish thought, it's the thought that moral distinctions are childish. I'm not saying they are cut and dry, but the conversation is a lot more complex than your flat dismissal, and "good" and "evil" have a place in that discussion.
---
http://i36.tinypic.com/23yqa.jpg - SHOKANSTEIN
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2590/btvsfan01.png - Kazzus
#13ThatPersonGuyPosted 2/27/2013 9:26:23 AM
Alty1 posted...
"Good" and "evil" are childish distinctions with no real application in the real world.

Honestly, I'd say that if anything is a childish thought, it's the thought that moral distinctions are childish. I'm not saying they are cut and dry, but the conversation is a lot more complex than your flat dismissal, and "good" and "evil" have a place in that discussion.

True, but just it's always more complex than that. There were Germans and even Nazis that weren't just plain evil during WW2, and lots of good people did bad things during their life. Moral distinctions are good and what not, the childish thing is believing that there's a side that's pure good and there's a side that's pure evil. There's good in evil and there's evil in good. That's life for ya.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#14KEN181Posted 2/27/2013 9:37:45 AM
The only "evil", or rather semi-evil pokemon I can imagine would be a reaper-pokemon, that can purify souls and rebirth the pokemons putting them into an egg
---
Wilf > METROD > Phoenis PAUNCH!!!
Poke D/P Name: Rose FC: 4596 6778 0536
#15ShinyDittozeroPosted 2/27/2013 9:43:14 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Its Dex entry would be something along the lines of...
"A Pokémon whose genetic code was repeatedly recombined for research. It turned vicious as a result."

Or maybe:
"Because its battle abilities were raised to the ultimate level, it thinks only of defeating its foes."

Or perhaps it'll say something along the lines of this somewhere:
"It's said to have the most savage heart among Pokémon."

You just described Mewtwo
---
Scientist at Miror-Head of the cloning Project
Shadow Pokemon-Shadow Arceus 002
#16CakeOfLiesPosted 2/27/2013 9:44:39 AM
ShinyDittozero posted...
CakeOfLies posted...
Its Dex entry would be something along the lines of...
"A Pokémon whose genetic code was repeatedly recombined for research. It turned vicious as a result."

Or maybe:
"Because its battle abilities were raised to the ultimate level, it thinks only of defeating its foes."

Or perhaps it'll say something along the lines of this somewhere:
"It's said to have the most savage heart among Pokémon."

You just described Mewtwo

Yup.
Based on his Dex descriptions and the way he is in Smash Bros. (I know those games aren't canon, but you get the point) he seems kinda evil.
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#17Chaos_MissilePosted 2/27/2013 10:04:43 AM
Catcher_Freeman posted...
It's been stated multiple times throughout the franchise that Pokemon are incapable of being evil, so it's not gonna happen.

Because apparently everyone's fav Darkrai is not a villain but merely an "anti-hero", mirite?: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Darkrai_(Explorers_of_Time,_Darkness,_and_Sky)
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#18hellslingerPosted 2/27/2013 10:07:20 AM
Alty1 posted...

True, but just it's always more complex than that. There were Germans and even Nazis that weren't just plain evil during WW2, and lots of good people did bad things during their life. Moral distinctions are good and what not, the childish thing is believing that there's a side that's pure good and there's a side that's pure evil. There's good in evil and there's evil in good. That's life for ya.

True, but I think his point to LenneValkirye is that there still is an application in real life to it. Even if it isn't that simple, it's still there which LenneValkirye seems to think is nonexistent.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Qf7Mh.jpg
#19KeeperOfShadowsPosted 2/27/2013 10:29:50 AM
Wouldn't it really just amount to another Groudon/Kyorge/Giratina incident?

You had to defeat/capture them because their awakening was endangering the world. The only difference would be the "evil" pokemon is causing problems on purpose. Yet you'd still eventually capture it and make it your ally.

At most it'd extend the plot from the evil team, with a little face turn before the capture battle.
---
Official Admin of Team Miror. Don't judge me, my Shadow Shuckle will destroy you!
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.