This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mechanically, they need to fix bind fire spin and wrap up

#1AurawhispererPosted 2/27/2013 8:53:21 AM
Granted, this may sound broken, but logically its true.

So when attacked by these moves, your pokemon is trapped. Cant switch out, but able to attack?
No, when under the influence of these moves, you should be unable to attack and the foe should be fixd on this move until their turn is up.

For a very long time, the stupidity of these machanics have lasted long enough. Its time to fix them
---
Official Troll joker and Serious Chatter box.
Black 2: Zack: 4170 3222 6265 White 2: Zakary: 0820 1802 3233. Chat off while trading
#2kazooie959Posted 2/27/2013 8:55:39 AM
No.

Just no..

Gen 1 proved that this just makes the moves so broken that it makes playing against any team with them just not fair.
---
I am the great Kazoo! FEAR THE FEATHERS!!!
#3Aurawhisperer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 8:57:25 AM
Then whats the point of these moves existing if not used proper? Might as well delete them
---
Official Troll joker and Serious Chatter box.
Black 2: Zack: 4170 3222 6265 White 2: Zakary: 0820 1802 3233. Chat off while trading
#4Luce_ImperiusPosted 2/27/2013 8:58:44 AM
While I find the moves to be mostly useless as they are, I must concur with the second post. After replaying Red and Yellow I found that I can just lolfest through the Elite Four with a Dragonite with Wrap. The moves should be improved somehow, but not made back to what they were in Gen 1.
---
"If you level up a Swellow at night then give it a Dusk Stone [they didn't exist yet] then it will evolve into Ostricho." ~ The Legend of Ostricho
#5kazooie959Posted 2/27/2013 9:02:38 AM
The fact that you can use 2 attacks in the same turn and the second attack isn't effected by defense, Special Defense and typing isn't too terrible.

If it took out a larger chunk of health it would probably be worthwhile, or it could have a chance to make the target flinch while the move is ongoing...
---
I am the great Kazoo! FEAR THE FEATHERS!!!
#6Fierce_Deity777Posted 2/27/2013 9:09:17 AM(edited)
Aurawhisperer posted...
Then whats the point of these moves existing if not used proper?

They keep your foe from switching out. Think of them as a short-term Block or Mean Look that has the perk of acting as anti-leftovers. Not as a weak move that keeps your opponent from switching. It could be incredibly useful if we just had better move selection for the Pokemon that learn these moves as it could have great synergy with things like Fly and Perish Song. Or forcing your opponent to sit there as setup fodder for 4-5 turns while you boost.
---
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Boards.
#7KeeperOfShadowsPosted 2/27/2013 9:16:06 AM
Combined with poison/toxic/burn, leech seed, and sandstorm/hail damage? Wrap moves would probably end up banned.
---
Official Admin of Team Miror. Don't judge me, my Shadow Shuckle will destroy you!
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#8kenneth_velezPosted 2/27/2013 9:39:24 AM
be interesting if you could add self destruct to the mix. . . but self destruct does no damage, just to troll. Imagine fighting the E4 and they pull a Chiaotzu on you.
#9ninjarauiPosted 2/27/2013 9:48:05 AM
You must not have played gen 1. My GOD EKANS STOP KILLING MY NUZLOCKE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!.

6 hp at a time. I hate wrap.

Also who remembers that if you killed something with hyper beam in gen 1, you didn't have to recharge. That's something that should be brought back.