This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what's with the hate against players that use Smogon rules?

#1Brandon042487Posted 2/27/2013 8:56:49 AM
Inb4smogonrthedevil

But seriously what's with the hate toward them I mean it is just an optional set of rules to go by it's not like anyone os forcing you to follow it.

I've been doing double battles a lot, I suck at it but I find it more enjoyable than seeing the same exact teams in singles wifi.
---
Official Team Miror Scientist. Shadow Pokemon: Beheeyem
B**** don't make me HM01 you!
#2lazycomplifePosted 2/27/2013 8:58:50 AM
tc can't inb4...
---
Official Swinub of Every Pokemon Board
#3InhaledCornPosted 2/27/2013 8:59:32 AM
It's because they probably had some bad experience with people saying that Smogon really is the only way to play.

... That, and Smogon saying Charizard is crap.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
*headdesk* what a time to have no money...
#4Dark_Link92Posted 2/27/2013 9:00:03 AM
A lot of people when you play online or any other non-smogon.com community will disconnect or rage if you don't abide by smogon rules when they aren't in any way official. People just act like they are.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#5CakeOfLiesPosted 2/27/2013 9:02:13 AM
I don't follow Smogon's rules, but a lot of people that DO follow them try to force me to.
They keep saying stuff like "your shiny Galvantula that you found in the wild sucks regardless of its okay nature because it doesn't have Compoundeyes so Thunder will ALWAYS miss."
So I ask...
"Why can't I put it on a Rain team?" -_-
"Psshhhhh. Because you don't put a Bug type on a team that revolves around something that weakens Fire."

Or perhaps I ask people to rate my team and I get the magical question:
"Are its IVs perfect?"

Seriously, it's just annoying. They try to make me play the game their way.
Nobody tells me how to play MY game. >_>
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#6Alty1Posted 2/27/2013 9:02:47 AM

Charizard is crap.
---
http://i36.tinypic.com/23yqa.jpg - SHOKANSTEIN
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2590/btvsfan01.png - Kazzus
#7pokemonzeroPosted 2/27/2013 9:02:55 AM
Brandon042487 posted...
Inb4smogonrthedevil

But seriously what's with the hate toward them I mean it is just an optional set of rules to go by it's not like anyone os forcing you to follow it.

I've been doing double battles a lot, I suck at it but I find it more enjoyable than seeing the same exact teams in singles wifi.

you will understand when alot of people disconnect from you just because you use a pokemon that GF allows but Smogon bans.

IMO Smogon is the Devil
---
Volunteer at Dream World Paradise. Jobs done 18--- William FC: 0648-5041-0950
Volunteer at Austins Shiny&Legend Shop Jobs Done Clone-0 Other-1
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 2/27/2013 9:03:15 AM
Alty1 posted...

Charizard is crap.

I hate Smogon and I agree that Charizard is crap.
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#9Alty1Posted 2/27/2013 9:04:34 AM
"Psshhhhh. Because you don't put a Bug type on a team that revolves around something that weakens Fire."

Wait... that makes no sense. Of course you do.

Scizor, Genesect, Forretress... hell, even Volcarona do well on a rain team. You WANT a way to weaken fire if you are running most bugs.
---
Uwe Boll makes terrible movies. Anyone who tells you otherwise is Uwe Boll - Seanbaby
http://theanteheroes.com/AceAttorneys/DamonGant.png
#10CakeOfLiesPosted 2/27/2013 9:06:00 AM
Alty1 posted...

Wait... that makes no sense. Of course you do.

Scizor, Genesect, Forretress... hell, even Volcarona do well on a rain team. You WANT a way to weaken fire if you are running most bugs.

Exactly. But I've had people say that my non-Compoundeyes shiny Galvantula would suck on a rain team. I think non-Compoundeyes would be better cuz now I have Unnerve along with PERFECT Thunder accuracy.
---