This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Smogon has banned Deoxys-D

#101PBustedPosted 3/3/2013 3:32:10 PM
galaxiadarkness posted...
SerperiorThanU posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
How is it broken to have a pokemon that gets to set up Stealth Rocks once? If you can 2HKO it (and many things can) you're usually looking at 1 layer of rocks. If the Doexys-D player tries anything fancy and the other guy attacks, well he gets killed without setting up anything. Regardless of anything else, havning a whole pokemon on your team that may get to set up a lot of hazards if the other guy lets him (and that's all) isn't broken. Deoxys-D exists to cast a few hazards and die.

No, not too many things can 2hko it. It would have to be very offensive and good players don't send out their most offensive Pokemon out first. Nothing can OHKO it. And most of the times it sounds more than just one stealth rock, usually a rock and at least one layer of spikes, where its hyper-o teams will then sweep.

So Deoxys is broken because other strong pokemon will sweep after it? Isn't that the other Pokemon that are strong that are broken, not Deoxys-D? By using Deoxys-D, you are given an entire slot on your team to casting a couple hazards and then dying.

Deoxys-D is rendered completely moot by Espeon or Xatu, you can kill it before it causes too much damage, rapid spin exists, taunt exists. Why don't we just ban entry hazards altogether if 1 layer of rocks and 1 layer of spikes is broken.

This has been said multiple times in this thread and the Smogon discussion threads. Go read them instead. Deoxys-D has skill swap to make Espeon useless, and Magic Coat for Taunt. I guess you really don't know much about the metagame then as stealth rock and a few layers of spikes are crucial in turning 2hkos into ohkos and 3hkos into 2hkos for sweepers.

I understand that entry hazards are useful, that's why I used Deoxys-D. You don't ban something just because it is good at something. You ban it when it becomes imbalanced. There are ways to counter this Pokemon that every team should have, and not only because of Deoxys-D. So, you have skill-swap to deal with Espeon, magic coat to deal with taunt. You can use one of those moves to predict that move, or you can set up a hazard. It becomes a prediction game, like the metagame should be. You predict wrong, and the other guy attacks while you magic bounce like an idiot, you can die without setting up a thing. You send rocks and espeon comes in, you've just Stealth Rocked yourself. The metagame is a prediction game, with multiple counters availabel against different strategies. There is a way for Deoxys-D to beat things, and a way for things to beat it. I don't think it was imbalanced at all.

Um, if you see an Espeon its completely obvious that the other guys gonna sent it over to stop the obvious rocks in where you'll skill swap on the switch making espeon completely useless.Even so, if you skill swap the wrong guy, you can still do it later, and Deoxys-D is so bulky it can survive pretty much anything. Espeon is very easy to take care of with Pursuit and after that Deo-D can set up as much as he likes.
#102galaxiadarknessPosted 3/4/2013 10:46:03 AM
^ So your Deoxys-D has Pursuit, Skill Swap, Spikes, Stealth Rocks, and Magic Bounce? You only have 4 moveslots mate. You can't counter everything. Bottom line, IF you fail to counter this Pokemon it can be a gamechanger. Managing to Skill Swap an Espeon isn't enough to win you a match on its own. That would be one good play, that could go wrong or right, and it would contribute to the goal of you winning. You can't sweep with this Pokemon.
---
GameFAQs, where the term "Karma Sucks" doesn't apply.
#103LenneValkiryePosted 3/4/2013 11:04:04 AM(edited)
Or you could just hit Deo-D hard so it gets to lay SR at most, just like Azelf, Aerodactly and other frail suicide leads.
Deo-D isn't frail? Think again. Deo-D needs speed EVs to outrun several key threat, its base 50 HP offsets its high defenses and mono-psychic is a pthetically poor defensive type.
A lot of things in the current metagame could easily 2HKO it, including common leads like Tyranitar and Politoed.

One of the arguments that supported Deo-D's ban was "it's an entry hazard user who can beat the most common spinners: Starmie, Forretress and Tentacruel".
So, how about Azelf who outspeeds all 3 of them, has much higher Sp.Atk and learns Fire Blast instead of resorting to HP Fire?
The only difference between the two is Azelf doesn't get Spikes.
However, no good player is going to let Deo-D set SR, Spikes AND KO their spinner, period.
#104QualiTPosted 3/4/2013 11:03:42 AM
Smogon R the devil.
---
All Things Require Sacrifice.
http://i.imgur.com/FjisB.gif
#105HulkkisPosted 3/4/2013 11:48:32 AM
Ahh gamefaqs trash community hating on people who want a resemblance of balance in their competitve games. Never stop being bad.
---
"South-Korea is the only nation whose national sport has a sequel."
-Disc
#106KeeperOfShadowsPosted 3/4/2013 12:00:13 PM
LenneValkirye posted...
Or you could just hit Deo-D hard so it gets to lay SR at most, just like Azelf, Aerodactly and other frail suicide leads.
Deo-D isn't frail? Think again. Deo-D needs speed EVs to outrun several key threat, its base 50 HP offsets its high defenses and mono-psychic is a pthetically poor defensive type.
A lot of things in the current metagame could easily 2HKO it, including common leads like Tyranitar and Politoed.

One of the arguments that supported Deo-D's ban was "it's an entry hazard user who can beat the most common spinners: Starmie, Forretress and Tentacruel".
So, how about Azelf who outspeeds all 3 of them, has much higher Sp.Atk and learns Fire Blast instead of resorting to HP Fire?
The only difference between the two is Azelf doesn't get Spikes.
However, no good player is going to let Deo-D set SR, Spikes AND KO their spinner, period.

God I love people with good common sense.
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#107LenneValkiryePosted 3/4/2013 12:37:12 PM
Hulkkis posted...
Ahh gamefaqs trash community hating on people who want a resemblance of balance in their competitve games. Never stop being bad.

I'm pretty sure the average Gamefaqs user is better than the average Smogon user.
Which one of them are you?
#108CakeOfLiesPosted 3/4/2013 12:38:48 PM
Hulkkis posted...

Says a GameFAQs user.
---
http://i.imgur.com/K29ku1D.png
#109glitchunter75Posted 3/4/2013 1:13:04 PM
Smogon is weak to Psychic types. It was to be expected.
---
Is Sylveon my long-lost cousin?! I must know!
Official Shiny Victini of all Pokemon boards.
#110GiftedACIIIPosted 3/4/2013 1:26:01 PM
LenneValkirye posted...
Hulkkis posted...

I'm pretty sure the average Gamefaqs user is better than the average Smogon user.
Which one of them are you?

lololol hilarious joke pal. Gamefaqs is #1 scrub site with Pokememes. The average gamefaqs user doesn't even know what IVs are let alone be either a. #1 on the PS! and PO ladder or b. be the finalists in the VGCs. The average smogonite,and not even the most noteworthy ones are constantly the in the top at tournaments and the ladder. In fact the entire showdown simulator is run by smogonites. So really, that post is just the dumbest post concerning competitive Pokemon ever.

So your Deoxys-D has Pursuit, Skill Swap, Spikes, Stealth Rocks, and Magic Bounce? You only have 4 moveslots mate. You can't counter everything. Bottom line, IF you fail to counter this Pokemon it can be a gamechanger. Managing to Skill Swap an Espeon isn't enough to win you a match on its own. That would be one good play, that could go wrong or right, and it would contribute to the goal of you winning. You can't sweep with this Pokemon.

lol deo-d doesn't even know pursuit, he was obviously referring to stuff like Tyranitar and Scizor who would pursuit him. And Magic Bounce is an ABILITY.Typical scrub. Lrn2play before you think you know what you're talking about