This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Smogon has banned Deoxys-D

#111Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 3/4/2013 1:42:15 PM
I see all this stuff and it makes my head dizzy.
#112GiftedACIIIPosted 3/4/2013 1:53:32 PM
LenneValkirye posted...
Or you could just hit Deo-D hard so it gets to lay SR at most, just like Azelf, Aerodactly and other frail suicide leads.
Deo-D isn't frail? Think again. Deo-D needs speed EVs to outrun several key threat, its base 50 HP offsets its high defenses and mono-psychic is a pthetically poor defensive type.
A lot of things in the current metagame could easily 2HKO it, including common leads like Tyranitar and Politoed.

One of the arguments that supported Deo-D's ban was "it's an entry hazard user who can beat the most common spinners: Starmie, Forretress and Tentacruel".
So, how about Azelf who outspeeds all 3 of them, has much higher Sp.Atk and learns Fire Blast instead of resorting to HP Fire?
The only difference between the two is Azelf doesn't get Spikes.
However, no good player is going to let Deo-D set SR, Spikes AND KO their spinner, period.

Seriously, read this http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3478726. The most obvious thing is that you're only facing terrible players with Deoxys and then think its not a threat. If my 10 year old neighbor's uber team falls to my Magikarp doesn't mean that Arceus isn't broken compared to Infernape. Any good player with Deo-D can easily set up and prevent the Rapid Spin with Spinblockers, just heavy hitting etc. There is another difference too in that good players won't just be using noob stuff like leftovers but stuff like mental herb to catch people off guard. You say no good player is gonna let deo d set up, but what's to say the deo d player isn't just as good? You're only thinking about facing noobs
#113KeeperOfShadowsPosted 3/4/2013 3:15:53 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
LenneValkirye posted...
Or you could just hit Deo-D hard so it gets to lay SR at most, just like Azelf, Aerodactly and other frail suicide leads.
Deo-D isn't frail? Think again. Deo-D needs speed EVs to outrun several key threat, its base 50 HP offsets its high defenses and mono-psychic is a pthetically poor defensive type.
A lot of things in the current metagame could easily 2HKO it, including common leads like Tyranitar and Politoed.

One of the arguments that supported Deo-D's ban was "it's an entry hazard user who can beat the most common spinners: Starmie, Forretress and Tentacruel".
So, how about Azelf who outspeeds all 3 of them, has much higher Sp.Atk and learns Fire Blast instead of resorting to HP Fire?
The only difference between the two is Azelf doesn't get Spikes.
However, no good player is going to let Deo-D set SR, Spikes AND KO their spinner, period.

Seriously, read this http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3478726. The most obvious thing is that you're only facing terrible players with Deoxys and then think its not a threat. If my 10 year old neighbor's uber team falls to my Magikarp doesn't mean that Arceus isn't broken compared to Infernape. Any good player with Deo-D can easily set up and prevent the Rapid Spin with Spinblockers, just heavy hitting etc. There is another difference too in that good players won't just be using noob stuff like leftovers but stuff like mental herb to catch people off guard. You say no good player is gonna let deo d set up, but what's to say the deo d player isn't just as good? You're only thinking about facing noobs

But doesn't your logic go both ways? A good player can conquer a good strategy. Also, Deoxys-D isn't an unbreakable wall. I've 2hko'd them at times, allowing no more hazards than a simple Forretress lead. Not to mention that hazards =\= victory. But of course, this is just noob ramblings unless Smogon puts it on there site, so I should really stop.
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#114EnzanChaudPosted 3/4/2013 3:21:38 PM
I'm sorry, I can't hear your Smogon support over all my DOUBLE TEAMING in official tournaments that I'm allowed to do.
#115GiftedACIIIPosted 3/4/2013 5:29:13 PM
KeeperOfShadows posted...

But doesn't your logic go both ways? A good player can conquer a good strategy. Also, Deoxys-D isn't an unbreakable wall. I've 2hko'd them at times, allowing no more hazards than a simple Forretress lead. Not to mention that hazards =\= victory. But of course, this is just noob ramblings unless Smogon puts it on there site, so I should really stop.

I realize you're a good player and I kept that in mind. If both players are good deo-d still has a high chance of setting up everything to the player's demand. He can utilize his teammates as all Pokemon become even more fierce with team support. True, you can smash down and play around inexperienced players who have deo-d but experienced players will already know his very limited counters and have anti-counters set up

@above Cool story bro, you wouldn't even be able to touch my Brightpowder Sand veil chomp as I sweep you. Or minimize Starmie
#116KeeperOfShadowsPosted 3/4/2013 6:08:51 PM
GiftedACIII posted...

I realize you're a good player and I kept that in mind. If both players are good deo-d still has a high chance of setting up everything to the player's demand. He can utilize his teammates as all Pokemon become even more fierce with team support. True, you can smash down and play around inexperienced players who have deo-d but experienced players will already know his very limited counters and have anti-counters set up

I'll agree with you on this.

At least you can argue your points well...
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#117pyrotempestwingPosted 3/4/2013 8:01:16 PM
EnzanChaud posted...
I'm sorry, I can't hear your Smogon support over all my DOUBLE TEAMING in official tournaments that I'm allowed to do.

Double Team isn't all that good. I've tried.
---
FC's: B1: Lexi 2365-9525-1918; B2: Misaki 4213-1809-7119 3DS FC: Thomas 5069-4431-9392
Last seen off in my own little world.
#118LenneValkiryePosted 3/5/2013 12:58:45 AM
GiftedACIII posted...

Why is this a big deal? Deo-D was simply an entry hazars user who did its job well.
Just 2HKO it (it helps that it's weak to Pursuit as well as U-Turn so you don't lose momentum by KO'ing it) and then spin. It's as easy as that.
#119galaxiadarknessPosted 3/5/2013 7:55:46 AM
GiftedACIII posted...
LenneValkirye posted...
Hulkkis posted...
Ahh gamefaqs trash community hating on people who want a resemblance of balance in their competitve games. Never stop being bad.

I'm pretty sure the average Gamefaqs user is better than the average Smogon user.
Which one of them are you?

lololol hilarious joke pal. Gamefaqs is #1 scrub site with Pokememes. The average gamefaqs user doesn't even know what IVs are let alone be either a. #1 on the PS! and PO ladder or b. be the finalists in the VGCs. The average smogonite,and not even the most noteworthy ones are constantly the in the top at tournaments and the ladder. In fact the entire showdown simulator is run by smogonites. So really, that post is just the dumbest post concerning competitive Pokemon ever.

So your Deoxys-D has Pursuit, Skill Swap, Spikes, Stealth Rocks, and Magic Bounce? You only have 4 moveslots mate. You can't counter everything. Bottom line, IF you fail to counter this Pokemon it can be a gamechanger. Managing to Skill Swap an Espeon isn't enough to win you a match on its own. That would be one good play, that could go wrong or right, and it would contribute to the goal of you winning. You can't sweep with this Pokemon.

lol deo-d doesn't even know pursuit, he was obviously referring to stuff like Tyranitar and Scizor who would pursuit him. And Magic Bounce is an ABILITY.Typical scrub. Lrn2play before you think you know what you're talking about

You are probably a troll, but I will still respond. The two mistakes that you pointed out in my post were correct, but it doesn't change what I said for the most part. I do know what I'm talking about. When I said Magic Bounce, I meant Magic Coat, as you probably knew. I understand you were looking for something to nitpick. As for the pursuit thing, I assumed Deoxys-D could learn Pursuit based on what the other user said in his post without double checking. It is still true that Deoxys-D can only have so many moves. I like to have Taunt on my Deoxys-D, which stops it from carrying Skill Swap. You have to make sacrifices, and there is always a gap in what you planned for. LenneValkirye did an excellent job of expressing what I was trying to communicate but with more poignant examples.

I'm really not sure what you were implying by calling me a "scrub". I am certainly not new or inexperienced in the GameFAQs or Pokemon communities. Troll harder next time, mate.
---
GameFAQs, where the term "Karma Sucks" doesn't apply.
#120GiftedACIIIPosted 3/5/2013 8:12:07 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
GiftedACIII posted...

Why is this a big deal? Deo-D was simply an entry hazars user who did its job well.
Just 2HKO it (it helps that it's weak to Pursuit as well as U-Turn so you don't lose momentum by KO'ing it) and then spin. It's as easy as that.

Judging by your previous posts and this I highly doubt you have any idea what you're talking about and very little experience playing against people who know what they're doing.

You are probably a troll, but I will still respond. The two mistakes that you pointed out in my post were correct, but it doesn't change what I said for the most part. I do know what I'm talking about. When I said Magic Bounce, I meant Magic Coat, as you probably knew. I understand you were looking for something to nitpick. As for the pursuit thing, I assumed Deoxys-D could learn Pursuit based on what the other user said in his post without double checking. It is still true that Deoxys-D can only have so many moves. I like to have Taunt on my Deoxys-D, which stops it from carrying Skill Swap. You have to make sacrifices, and there is always a gap in what you planned for. LenneValkirye did an excellent job of expressing what I was trying to communicate but with more poignant examples.

I'm really not sure what you were implying by calling me a "scrub". I am certainly not new or inexperienced in the GameFAQs or Pokemon communities. Troll harder next time, mate.

Love it, typical Gamefaqs logic. He destroyed me in logic and is telling the truth albeit a truth I don't want to hear so he must be a troll.

Plus your post was already countered on the first page of the discussion thread but you're just too lazy to read it aren't you? Sure, Deoxys-D can only know 4 moves but the opponent doesn't know which ones they are and it could be too late for a counter by the time they find out. Not to mention the player if hes good would know which flaw Deo-D would be having and would patch it up with teammates like say if he lacks skill swap he'll lure in Espeon and Xatu then take them out with a pursuit user. But that's irrelevant as the whole point is that Deo-D HAS the ability to take care of all his "counters". And that's enough to send him packing as that was the case of Garchomp and Blaziken. No clear counters. The only thing that OHKOs Deo-D in the entire OU is banded Tyranitar and Deo-D outspeeds him allowing at least a stealth rock on the switch and a spike if he didn't take advantage of that and send in something with justified to get a free boost.