This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Smogon has banned Deoxys-D

#21ProdozulPosted 2/27/2013 7:51:03 PM
KeeperOfShadows posted...
The Devil has spoken.

I spit on the Devil.

Life goes on.
#22CakeOfLiesPosted 2/27/2013 8:03:42 PM
Prodozul posted...
KeeperOfShadows posted...
The Devil has spoken.

I spit on the Devil.

Life goes on.

---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#23Thunder_man6Posted 2/27/2013 8:15:05 PM
pokemonzero posted...
D_Bart posted...
ThatKipp posted...
does not surprise me.

nothing surprises me when Smogon is involved.
The same Smogon that put Kyurem-B as OU and Kyurem-W as Uber.
Why smogon it is the same pokemon same speed only difference is one has higher special stats and the other physical stats Same BST.

Kyurem's movepool has almost no physical moves and a lot of special moves. That's why Black is OU and White is Uber.

This. It doesn't even have anything to do with Smogon. Kyurem White is objectively superior.

What are Fusion Bolt & Outrage
Physical attacks
Fusion Bolt 100 power
Outrage 120 stab power

Two powerful moves is not enough to make something uber, especially when they are both easily counterable. Learn the metagame before you speak.
---
Et Ducit Mundum Per Luce
psn: himynameis*Hat (remove the *)
#24Super SlashPosted 2/27/2013 8:22:06 PM
_KGC_ posted...
Lol Smogon.

Any reason why?

Probably because they're commonly associated with elitism.
#25Iced_ShadowsPosted 2/27/2013 8:22:10 PM
Thunder_man6 posted...
pokemonzero posted...
D_Bart posted...
ThatKipp posted...
does not surprise me.

nothing surprises me when Smogon is involved.
The same Smogon that put Kyurem-B as OU and Kyurem-W as Uber.
Why smogon it is the same pokemon same speed only difference is one has higher special stats and the other physical stats Same BST.

Kyurem's movepool has almost no physical moves and a lot of special moves. That's why Black is OU and White is Uber.

This. It doesn't even have anything to do with Smogon. Kyurem White is objectively superior.

What are Fusion Bolt & Outrage
Physical attacks
Fusion Bolt 100 power
Outrage 120 stab power

Two powerful moves is not enough to make something uber, especially when they are both easily counterable. Learn the metagame before you speak.

This basically... Kyurem lacks a decent Ice STAB. That hurts its potential a lot.
---
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
#26GiftedACIIIPosted 2/27/2013 8:25:56 PM
Huh, I thought I would have to hang on to this for a few weeks or so but I guess the bandwagon haters who don't know what they're talking about has already started so here are the links to the threads

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3478726 for the justifications

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3479623 for the voting.

Note that these people have to be in the top 50 on the ladders to vote which meaningless to say is VERY hard to do and requires a lot of skill and tons of experience, go try it for yourself, you couldn't get past 1700 if you tried (need 2000) to vote.

Though I've found that Deo-D is the least dangerous uber yet seeing as its only good in the hands of experienced players and on noobs is a free set-up
#27GiftedACIIIPosted 2/27/2013 8:26:56 PM
Super Slash posted...
_KGC_ posted...
Lol Smogon.

Any reason why?

Skill=elitism
#28CakeOfLiesPosted 2/27/2013 8:30:05 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
Super Slash posted...
_KGC_ posted...
Lol Smogon.

Any reason why?

Skill=elitism

Skill=/=elitism.
Trying to force people to play a game your way and telling them that they suck when they don't=elitism.

Skill=owning Legendaires with Charizard.
---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#29Super SlashPosted 2/27/2013 8:30:07 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
Super Slash posted...
_KGC_ posted...
Lol Smogon.

Any reason why?

Skill=elitism

No, thinking they "rule the metagame" and that you should only use Pokemon they say you can use is elitism. In actual tournaments I understand, but in casual matches, screw that.
#30galaxiadarknessPosted 2/27/2013 8:31:13 PM
Really it was banned? I was just thinking about dumping it from my team because it wasn't working for me. -.-
I don't think it's at all OP, it just has utility. Plenty of things can kill it fast.
---
GameFAQs, where the term "Karma Sucks" doesn't apply.