This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Smogon has banned Deoxys-D

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So Smogon has banned Deoxys-D
3 years ago#61
My thoughts are...people still care what Smogon does?
---
Legend of Gamefaqs - TherianReturns. The only true Pokemon fan.
3 years ago#62
Lioleia posted...
I honestly don't see the issue. If you disagree with Smogon, don't play by their rules or in their house. That's easy, isn't it?

Unfortunately it's not that simple.
Smogon and PO have been copying each other for a while now.
Smogon bans Snow Cloak/Sand Veil? PO does too!
PO drops Kyurem-B from ubers? Smogon does too!
Deoxys-D will soon be banned from PO as well, trust me.

Smogon is a cancer that affects every Pokemon simulator out there.
3 years ago#63
Wait, are you implying Legendaries aren't automatically Uber?
3 years ago#64
Wait, are you implying Legendaries aren't automatically Uber?

Define "legendaries".

From: LenneValkirye | Posted: 2/28/2013 6:14:53 PM | #062
Smogon is a cancer that affects every Pokemon simulator out there.

Blame the people copying Smogon, not Smogon. It's just a tool. It's no different from people blaming CGI for terrible movies.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZOdcN.png
We Are XROS HEART!
3 years ago#65
what I don't get is that Smogon claims to make their tiers based on usage...But aren't pokemon like Scizor and Politoed used way more than DeoxD? So how does that get banned
3 years ago#66
SuperRup91 posted...
what I don't get is that Smogon claims to make their tiers based on usage...But aren't pokemon like Scizor and Politoed used way more than DeoxD? So how does that get banned

Tiers are determined based on usage and how much they "centralize" a metagame. Ubers is basically a place where they put a Pokemon if it's so powerful that every team is running it, and/or every team has a counter for it. If a tier becomes so focused on a Pokemon, be it using and/or stopping it, then it's grounds for ubers.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
3 years ago#67
Lexifox posted...
SuperRup91 posted...

Tiers are determined based on usage and how much they "centralize" a metagame. Ubers is basically a place where they put a Pokemon if it's so powerful that every team is running it, and/or every team has a counter for it. If a tier becomes so focused on a Pokemon, be it using and/or stopping it, then it's grounds for ubers.

In theory it should be this, in practice it's definitely not true.
We have things like Scizor running rampant in OU and GSC Snorlax is perhaps the single greatest centralizing force in the history of competitive pokemon but to this day it's not banned from that metagame.
3 years ago#68
I released my Buneary, now its just some bunny that I used to know.
3 years ago#69
LenneValkirye posted...
Lexifox posted...
SuperRup91 posted...

In theory it should be this, in practice it's definitely not true.
We have things like Scizor running rampant in OU and GSC Snorlax is perhaps the single greatest centralizing force in the history of competitive pokemon but to this day it's not banned from that metagame.

Scizor is nowhere near centralizing. If anything Tyranitar and Politoed are more centralizing but hey theyre metagame setters and they're useless in ubers (at least politoed is) so might as well make standards a weather metagame. Its not like VGC isnt filled to the brim with weather either.

I also dont get people. They get butthurt over Smogon bans and tell them to ignore... but almost everything banned in smogon was already banned by gf. In fact Smogon is much more fair than gf allowing much more pokemon than gf does that are perfectly counterable by normal pokes like kyurem and celebi. Scrubs just have no idea what they're talking about and can't back up the garbage they spout
3 years ago#70
Ultimate_Nova_X posted...
Lioleia posted...
I honestly don't see the issue. If you disagree with Smogon, don't play by their rules or in their house. That's easy, isn't it?

this.

Pokemon wasn't meant to be balanced. I agree there should be some rules and restriction, if only to try and make competitive less obvious of a rock-paper-scissor match. But I think smogon takes it too far.

Actually, I think it was. Pokemon SHOULD be balanced, and they should put more effort into making each pokemon competitive.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. So Smogon has banned Deoxys-D

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived