This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Smogon has banned Deoxys-D

#91ColtCababaPosted 3/1/2013 10:22:20 AM
I'm glad it is now Uber. While all of the other formes were prancing in Uber, Deoxys-D got let down and underrated in the OU tier. Finally, my favorite gets the appreciation it deserves.

Now if only we could do something about Kyurem and Black Kyurem...
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4642-6944-7032
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 3523-7525-6745
#92spooky96Posted 3/1/2013 10:23:18 AM
skill swap

In my entire career I've never seen one Deoxys-D who used that. Just sayin'
---
>_>
#93LexifoxPosted 3/1/2013 10:26:19 AM
pokemonzero posted...
You missed the point. I don't care if Kyurem-B is banned or Kyurem-W is lowered to OU. I want Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W to be in the same tier.

Why?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#94SerperiorThanUPosted 3/1/2013 10:28:43 AM
ColtCababa posted...
I'm glad it is now Uber. While all of the other formes were prancing in Uber, Deoxys-D got let down and underrated in the OU tier. Finally, my favorite gets the appreciation it deserves.

Now if only we could do something about Kyurem and Black Kyurem...

For Black Kyurem all it needs is a physical Ice STAB that does decent damage. Kyurem unfortunately will be stuck for a while
#95ShinyDittozeroPosted 3/1/2013 11:37:31 AM
Lexifox posted...
pokemonzero posted...
You missed the point. I don't care if Kyurem-B is banned or Kyurem-W is lowered to OU. I want Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W to be in the same tier.

Why?

I believe that Kyurem-B should have stayed uber. Kyurem-B still has a high Attack BST(120) same Ability affect. Mostly the same moves and same speed as Kyurem-W. It Should Still Be UBER.

It was very racist to unban Black and not White.
---
Scientist at Miror-Head of the cloning Project
Shadow Pokemon-Shadow Arceus 002, Shadow Mewtwo 002
#96ZephyrWind0205Posted 3/1/2013 12:08:54 PM
And nothing of value was lost.
---
But there's a positive message at the end of it: If you're a woman in Connecticut, Slaughterface WILL kill you.
#97KeeperOfShadowsPosted 3/1/2013 12:20:27 PM
spooky96 posted...
skill swap

In my entire career I've never seen one Deoxys-D who used that. Just sayin'

Don't question Smogon. Their logic is infallible(in some alternate reality...)

P.S. I haven't seen one either...
---
Official Admin of Team Miror. Don't judge me, my Shadow Shuckle will destroy you!
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#98TomDangerfieldPosted 3/1/2013 12:55:10 PM
I wonder whats going to be banned next. Kyurem-B???
---
Black 1 Fc: 2709 0967 8461
#99noname2lazyPosted 3/1/2013 1:59:42 PM
I have used Skill Swap Deoxys before it's hilarious when they switch in their Espeon or Xatu and forfeit after.
#100galaxiadarknessPosted 3/3/2013 2:52:04 PM
SerperiorThanU posted...
galaxiadarkness posted...
GiftedACIII posted...
galaxiadarkness posted...
How is it broken to have a pokemon that gets to set up Stealth Rocks once? If you can 2HKO it (and many things can) you're usually looking at 1 layer of rocks. If the Doexys-D player tries anything fancy and the other guy attacks, well he gets killed without setting up anything. Regardless of anything else, havning a whole pokemon on your team that may get to set up a lot of hazards if the other guy lets him (and that's all) isn't broken. Deoxys-D exists to cast a few hazards and die.

No, not too many things can 2hko it. It would have to be very offensive and good players don't send out their most offensive Pokemon out first. Nothing can OHKO it. And most of the times it sounds more than just one stealth rock, usually a rock and at least one layer of spikes, where its hyper-o teams will then sweep.

So Deoxys is broken because other strong pokemon will sweep after it? Isn't that the other Pokemon that are strong that are broken, not Deoxys-D? By using Deoxys-D, you are given an entire slot on your team to casting a couple hazards and then dying.

Deoxys-D is rendered completely moot by Espeon or Xatu, you can kill it before it causes too much damage, rapid spin exists, taunt exists. Why don't we just ban entry hazards altogether if 1 layer of rocks and 1 layer of spikes is broken.

This has been said multiple times in this thread and the Smogon discussion threads. Go read them instead. Deoxys-D has skill swap to make Espeon useless, and Magic Coat for Taunt. I guess you really don't know much about the metagame then as stealth rock and a few layers of spikes are crucial in turning 2hkos into ohkos and 3hkos into 2hkos for sweepers.

I understand that entry hazards are useful, that's why I used Deoxys-D. You don't ban something just because it is good at something. You ban it when it becomes imbalanced. There are ways to counter this Pokemon that every team should have, and not only because of Deoxys-D. So, you have skill-swap to deal with Espeon, magic coat to deal with taunt. You can use one of those moves to predict that move, or you can set up a hazard. It becomes a prediction game, like the metagame should be. You predict wrong, and the other guy attacks while you magic bounce like an idiot, you can die without setting up a thing. You send rocks and espeon comes in, you've just Stealth Rocked yourself. The metagame is a prediction game, with multiple counters availabel against different strategies. There is a way for Deoxys-D to beat things, and a way for things to beat it. I don't think it was imbalanced at all.
---
GameFAQs, where the term "Karma Sucks" doesn't apply.