This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one that thinks Pokemon should stay the same?

#1KroganBallEaterPosted 2/27/2013 7:32:45 PM
Battle system and playability wise.

Pokemon is what I call a stepping stone RPG, it's usually someones first RPG and it opens the door for so many more games for them to enjoy because of it's basic and easy to play and fun/addictive gameplay
---
OMG Krogan!!!! That would hurt my precious little fanny!!!! LOL!!!!! - GamerGirlz after I told her to shove a stick of rhubarb up her fanny.
#2The_Sol_BladerPosted 2/27/2013 7:34:20 PM
I for one really wish they had kept using sprites
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://oi47.tinypic.com/24bup9d.jpg
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 2/27/2013 7:34:52 PM
The_Sol_Blader posted...

---
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." -HK-47
#4rapscallion733Posted 2/27/2013 7:34:53 PM
I kind of agree. Im ok with some additions and stuff, but i dont want any of that talking to your pokemon stuff or whistle stuff unless its optional. The battle system is pretty great as it is.
---
Xbox gamertag: lactatingRHINO7
Pokemon White 2 FC: 5158-0831-8084
#5LioleiaPosted 2/27/2013 7:35:09 PM
The_Sol_Blader posted...

Agreed. I can see why they switched to 3D, and it's the natural progression, but...I really liked those animated sprites in B/W. :[
---
lee-oh-leh-ee-ah.
It is perfectly okay to write garbage--as long as you edit brilliantly. --Carolyn Janice Cherryh
#6lazycomplifePosted 2/27/2013 7:36:42 PM
CakeOfLies posted...
The_Sol_Blader posted...

---
Official Swinub of Every Pokemon Board
#7GiftedACIIIPosted 2/27/2013 7:40:40 PM
KroganBallEater posted...
Battle system and playability wise.

Pokemon is what I call a stepping stone RPG, it's usually someones first RPG and it opens the door for so many more games for them to enjoy because of it's basic and easy to play and fun/addictive gameplay

That would be CoD these days (don't know if it would be considered unfortunately or not for you because you've bashed Nintendrones in the past)
#8BluePaladin25Posted 2/27/2013 9:48:26 PM
KroganBallEater posted...

A stepping stone to WHAT? AFAIK there aren't really any other monster-collecting RPG series, or at least not any that are very well known. I play Pokemon because it's the best at what it does.

"Fun gameplay"? You mean the reason the only RPGs I play are Pokemon, Tales games, and the occasional dark horse? Seriously, I once thought I liked RPGs, but "traditional" RPGs got stale way too fast.

I do like the gameplay of Pokemon, and while I don't want that to change too much I'd love to see either the series move towards actually having plots and character development in the games, or I'd love another series to come along to sweep us older Pokefans to a grayer, more morally ambiguous monster-training adventure.

(P.S. If anybody knows of a series like what I'm describing and it's on a Nintendo system or PC, please comment or shoot me a message. ^_^)
#9lazycomplifePosted 2/27/2013 9:54:23 PM
I personally find that all of the best RPGs force you into mashing A or X.
---
Official Swinub of a couple Pokemon Boards
#10The_Sol_BladerPosted 2/27/2013 9:56:06 PM
(P.S. If anybody knows of a series like what I'm describing and it's on a Nintendo system or PC, please comment or shoot me a message. ^_^)

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, DS
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://oi47.tinypic.com/24bup9d.jpg