This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one that thinks Pokemon should stay the same?

#11BluePaladin25Posted 2/27/2013 10:03:56 PM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
(P.S. If anybody knows of a series like what I'm describing and it's on a Nintendo system or PC, please comment or shoot me a message. ^_^)

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, DS

Ah yeah, nearly forgot about that. I'd heard mixed reviews about it... maybe I'll play some of it a different way before I buy it *winkwinknudgenudge*.

And one thing I realized, not really a deal breaker but still, is that I think Pokemon is the ONLY monster-collecting-whatever RPG that actually has a community, including competitive play and online trading.

Hm, I might need to start a new topic... "Would you want a new series made for older audiences, and leave Pokemon for the kids?"
#12LioleiaPosted 2/28/2013 6:14:52 AM
The Shin Megami Tensei series as a whole has a community, but it's been overshadowed by Persona lately.
---
lee-oh-leh-ee-ah.
It is perfectly okay to write garbage--as long as you edit brilliantly. --Carolyn Janice Cherryh
#13MagmastaPosted 2/28/2013 6:23:25 AM
Isn't a Cel shaded 3D model still a sprite in some ways. The pokemon will still have a different pose and move animation when you look at it in the dex probably.

Also when it stands before it attacks, you could sort of call that a back sprite in a way.

The animation only goes into full 3D it looks like when the pokemon attacks, not if it's a wild pokemon and it's just standing on the grass awaiting to be bashed, although we have only seen a few videos and probably not enough evidence to support this..
---
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend
#14wizaerdPosted 2/28/2013 6:47:24 AM
The one thing I would love to see different about new Pokemon games would be a Pokemon being able to keep and remember all their moves. Equip only 4 - 6 at any given moment, but let me keep a bank of all the moves they've learned thus far, and let me swap in/out the moves I wish to equip. That one change would make it much better to me.
---
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.
#153DiPadMini6GPosted 2/28/2013 11:20:15 AM
Sprites are stupidly out of date
#16Luce_ImperiusPosted 2/28/2013 11:27:18 AM
wizaerd posted...
The one thing I would love to see different about new Pokemon games would be a Pokemon being able to keep and remember all their moves. Equip only 4 - 6 at any given moment, but let me keep a bank of all the moves they've learned thus far, and let me swap in/out the moves I wish to equip. That one change would make it much better to me.

That is a bloody wonderful idea! I second it!
---
"If you level up a Swellow at night then give it a Dusk Stone [they didn't exist yet] then it will evolve into Ostricho." ~ The Legend of Ostricho
#17fayehintoPosted 2/28/2013 1:44:33 PM
Unlike the rest of the human race I embrace change.