This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one that Absolutely loves hoenn's huge ocean?

#1TaiphlosionPosted 2/27/2013 9:07:53 PM
I've seen most people hate hoenn's ocean complaining it's huge and that you spent too long there, but I always loved it, it had so many secrets like the regis, that crazy ship, rayquaze, the ice cave and many others. Even though I play pokemon since yellow in 1999, gen III is the one I have the most nostalgia for, and one of the main reasons for that was the amount of secrets to be found in its ocean. I was so let down when I realized sinnoh almost didn't have water routes. Anyone else agrees with me?
#2Hero_Of_RhymePosted 2/27/2013 9:08:22 PM
Yes.
---
Through early morning fog I see visions of the things to be
#3Taiphlosion(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 9:08:50 PM
Hero_Of_Rhyme posted...
Yes.

=/
#4Jarred623Posted 2/27/2013 9:12:45 PM
Hero_Of_Rhyme posted...
Yes.

---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Twice.
#5darkdragongirlPosted 2/27/2013 9:15:41 PM
It isn't huge.

Poke-Nav map isn't indicative of scale, and you can avoid all, but one water route on the main continent.

I love Hoenn.

I dislike Unova though due to how linear it feels.

I wonder if Unova version 2 feels better.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KiCFGLC.png credit CM_Ponch
#6UltimaZangetsuPosted 2/27/2013 9:17:01 PM
darkdragongirl posted...
It isn't huge.

Poke-Nav map isn't indicative of scale, and you can avoid all, but one water route on the main continent.

I love Hoenn.

Nope
---
"As I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother ****er in the goddamn valley!"
#7lazycomplifePosted 2/27/2013 9:17:54 PM
Unova 2 doesn't feel as linear imo. It's a much better path.
---
Official Swinub of Every Pokemon Board
#8Taiphlosion(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 9:19:53 PM
darkdragongirl posted...
It isn't huge.

I love Hoenn.

I said huge in a good way, as the topic title says I find it awesome. And yes, even though I like unova it fells too linear, but unova in black2/white2 is much better (but still a bit linear)
#9darkdragongirlPosted 2/27/2013 9:24:09 PM
UltimaZangetsu posted...
darkdragongirl posted...
It isn't huge.

I love Hoenn.

Nope

Other than I love hoenn, and my feelings on Unova, those are facts. You only need to surf across west Mauville for the Eastern cities on the mainland.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KiCFGLC.png credit CM_Ponch
#10DoctorPain99Posted 2/27/2013 9:24:48 PM
People complain way too much about the Hoenn water routes. They're much better designed than any of the routes in say....Kanto. All of Kanto's routes are pretty generic; the Hoenn water routes at least have gimmicks to make them interesting.
---
I was a casual gamer. Then I played Stone Tower Temple.