This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have yet to play generations 4/5

#1TrealtvPosted 3/1/2013 4:11:37 PM
Which game of those 2 generations should I play?
#2SuperRup91Posted 3/1/2013 4:12:17 PM
Bw2
#3Sab_LiathPosted 3/1/2013 4:12:48 PM
Platinum
---
Sab_Liath defeats Topic! Gains 89 EXP! Learns Magma Drill!
#4jayman7Posted 3/1/2013 4:17:24 PM
Black/White 1 for the story. Black/White 2 for the gameplay. Platinum for a good mix of both. HG/SS if you're looking for nostalgia.

Not going to recommend Diamond or Pearl while Platinum is an option.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#5SR71haloPosted 3/1/2013 4:20:53 PM
Heart Gold and Platinum are great games.

Haven't played any Gen V games yet.
---
Now Leave!
#6Trealtv(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 4:23:49 PM
Which of those would be the most challenging if I play completely blind? I don't know anything about the new pokemon/features that came after R/S, so I'd like to just play them like I played red version when I was a kid.

And no remakes of 1-3 please.
#7AuroraSonicBeamPosted 3/1/2013 4:24:42 PM
jayman7 posted...
Black/White 1 for the story. Black/White 2 for the gameplay. Platinum for a good mix of both. HG/SS if you're looking for nostalgia.

Not going to recommend Diamond or Pearl while Platinum is an option.

Couldn't have said it better.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#8jayman7Posted 3/1/2013 4:27:30 PM
Trealtv posted...
Which of those would be the most challenging if I play completely blind? I don't know anything about the new pokemon/features that came after R/S, so I'd like to just play them like I played red version when I was a kid.

While the most challenging would probably be BW2 with the Challenge Key activated, you need someone with an already-completed Black 2 game (and not the copy you're starting fresh!) to get the Challenge Key.

There aren't really any major new features that should make the experience too different besides the physical/special switch (moves are now individually physical or special instead of type-dependent).

Black and White 1 have the fewest old Pokemon (read: zero) and most new Pokemon prior to the postgame, if that helps.

And no remakes of 1-3 please.

Then strike HG/SS from my list; they're the only remakes in the fourth and fifth gens.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere