This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have yet to play generations 4/5

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have yet to play generations 4/5
3 years ago#1
Which game of those 2 generations should I play?
3 years ago#2
Bw2
3 years ago#3
Platinum
Sab_Liath defeats Topic! Gains 89 EXP! Learns Magma Drill!
3 years ago#4
Black/White 1 for the story. Black/White 2 for the gameplay. Platinum for a good mix of both. HG/SS if you're looking for nostalgia.

Not going to recommend Diamond or Pearl while Platinum is an option.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
3 years ago#5
Heart Gold and Platinum are great games.

Haven't played any Gen V games yet.
Now Leave!
3 years ago#6
Which of those would be the most challenging if I play completely blind? I don't know anything about the new pokemon/features that came after R/S, so I'd like to just play them like I played red version when I was a kid.

And no remakes of 1-3 please.
3 years ago#7
jayman7 posted...
Black/White 1 for the story. Black/White 2 for the gameplay. Platinum for a good mix of both. HG/SS if you're looking for nostalgia.

Not going to recommend Diamond or Pearl while Platinum is an option.

Couldn't have said it better.
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
3 years ago#8
Trealtv posted...
Which of those would be the most challenging if I play completely blind? I don't know anything about the new pokemon/features that came after R/S, so I'd like to just play them like I played red version when I was a kid.

While the most challenging would probably be BW2 with the Challenge Key activated, you need someone with an already-completed Black 2 game (and not the copy you're starting fresh!) to get the Challenge Key.

There aren't really any major new features that should make the experience too different besides the physical/special switch (moves are now individually physical or special instead of type-dependent).

Black and White 1 have the fewest old Pokemon (read: zero) and most new Pokemon prior to the postgame, if that helps.

And no remakes of 1-3 please.

Then strike HG/SS from my list; they're the only remakes in the fourth and fifth gens.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Have yet to play generations 4/5

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived