This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't like Eviolite..

#1AuroraSonicBeamPosted 3/1/2013 3:23:10 PM
I mean I appreciate the affect it has on the metagame itself and I don't have trouble with pokemon who uses it because a simple move such as Trick renders them virtually useless(not to mention the ones who utilizes it the most are are susceptible to Taunt), and I may be a hypocrite because for the 2 people who have just recently battled me know I used arguably 2 of the best users of that item....but the fact that one item allows a pokemon to be on par with, or even outclass their evolution is the concept I don't like about it. When a pokemon evolves it is supposed to become a more powerful version or a "mature" version of its former self. Then again, we're talking about just the metagame

I don't know what do you guys think?

(Mind you this will be one of the few serious topics I will be making for a long time so ride with it b****s)
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#2Noctus3Posted 3/1/2013 3:25:26 PM
I like that it gives lower evolutions a better chance. I hate feeling like I always have to evolve a poke for it to be good. Some previous designs are better than the final ones. i.e. Dewott, Porygon2 (well-known eviolite user), etc.
---
**** you SE for trolling us with that TWEWY port. I hate you.
#3AuroraSonicBeam(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 3:27:13 PM
Noctus3 posted...
I like that it gives lower evolutions a better chance. I hate feeling like I always have to evolve a poke for it to be good. Some previous designs are better than the final ones. i.e. Dewott, Porygon2 (well-known eviolite user), etc.

True, I actually love Samurott's design though. I think 50% is too much at times
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
#46bananzaPosted 3/1/2013 3:28:31 PM
Yeah, some people think it just prevents pokemon from getting evos just because it would be op. They can just remove it in the next game!
---
Official Articuno of the Pokemon X and Y boards.
http://i.imgur.com/PIMfmML.png. Credit: CM_Ponch
#5CarbideTitanPosted 3/1/2013 3:49:02 PM
I completely agree. I don't think any strategy should have a counter. I think Machamp should learn Fissure too, that would be fair. Bring Uber Articuno back too =D Mindreader+Sheer cold was fair to me.
---
Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?
#6MugilokoPosted 3/1/2013 3:54:22 PM
*enjoys Aurora's serious topic*
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#7AuroraSonicBeam(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 3:55:22 PM
CarbideTitan posted...
I completely agree. I don't think any strategy should have a counter. I think Machamp should learn Fissure too, that would be fair. Bring Uber Articuno back too =D Mindreader+Sheer cold was fair to me.

laughing.
---
#8PoKeMoNsTrOsiTYPosted 3/1/2013 3:56:32 PM
But can we get an item opposite of Eviolite? Where it does the same to Attack and SpAttack?
#9CarbideTitanPosted 3/1/2013 3:57:16 PM
PoKeMoNsTrOsiTY posted...
But can we get an item opposite of Eviolite? Where it does the same to Attack and SpAttack?

Scyther
---
Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?
#10PoKeMoNsTrOsiTYPosted 3/1/2013 4:02:10 PM
CarbideTitan posted...
PoKeMoNsTrOsiTY posted...

Scyther

Oh God I forgot about that. Man that would break the metagame.