This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people dislike legendaries?

#11ChackNorris7Posted 3/2/2013 6:23:02 AM
Changlini posted...
There are many reasons, even one where it's just due to them being perched up high above all the other pokemon, being treated like gods, when in fact, they're just;
Rotten
Spoiled
Brats.

In need of discipline.

This.
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Official Keldeo of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#12KeeperOfShadowsPosted 3/2/2013 6:39:20 AM
I don't really hate legendaries, but I guess it does kinda irk me when facing a team full of them. I'll use one or two on a team, though.

Its not really that they're unstoppable or anything, a good strategy usually prevails over pure power. Its usually they're versatility that gets me. Look at how much people hated Genesect in OU.

Of course, like any other pokemon, they'll suck in the hands of an incompetent player(though they'll suck less than others). Its kinda tiresome however, when good players start showing up with strong legendaries, as I'm forced to either bring my A-game or get swept hard.

I bring my A-game about 20% of the time online(my own fault, I know, I play for fun anyway)
---
Official Admin of Team Miror. Don't judge me, my Shadow Shuckle will destroy you!
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#13SP_WesPosted 3/2/2013 7:51:20 AM
Bad storytelling. Legendaries didn't really bother me until Gen III when god-like Pokemon showed up. Suddenly, Pokemon stopped being an expy for animals and became the creators of land, sea, and sky.

Then Gen IV happened, and I could capture the physical embodiments of time, space, anti-matter, emotions, dreams, and, oh yeah, God itself.

I miss the days of big birds causing bad weather.
---
"We have no loofas in the Palace of Wisdom" - John Morrison
#14MagmastaPosted 3/2/2013 7:59:51 AM
Maybe some people are just not interested in the lore that they receive in the games.

"I saw this bird today and it flew over this mountain protecting the hiker from frostbite and a running nose"!

I heard it's blue but this is just a rumour that I was told blah blah

Legendaries also have a huge part in a story line most of the time and if the legendary is terrible the story is usually terrible, like that fusion thing with kyurem( couldn't get into that, prob just me though)
---
Bowser is a Tarasque and Magmar is a legend