This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is what Pokemon has become.

#21MasterAdeptAlexPosted 3/2/2013 2:20:05 PM
Remember back in the R/B and G/S days when we were all kids with innocent minds and only cared about the pokemon? Then puberty came and ruined it. :( I wish I could go back to those days. Being a kid sure was fun.
---
"There is good in this world, Mr.Frodo.....and it's all worth fighting for." Samwise Gamgee in Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
#22LioleiaPosted 3/2/2013 2:20:52 PM
VenusAdeptIsaac posted...
Lioleia posted...
...Am I supposed to be shocked? I was half-expecting some "shocking" like vore or tickling.

Why do fangirls turn a nerdy, socially inept person like N into a typical bishonen? Talk about ruining good characters.

Yes, because what a fan does ruins any and all enjoyment of a character. Every character ever is now ruined, because someone somewhere has erased all of their flaws and turned them into fanbait.

Seriously, you can do this with ANY character. There's little point in demonizing female fans in particular.

That's kind of an extreme thing to say. I didn't mean every character ever has been ruined.

And I didn't mean to imply that every girl who likes Pokemon sees N as a bad boy babe magnet, cause he's really a childish math and chemistry loving geeky character.

No, but your complaint is one I see often. When you liken the act of erasing N's flaws to ruining his character, you might as well say every character ever has been ruined because someone out there has done it. There is nothing special about fangirls "ruining" N by minimizing his social awkwardness. There is nothing special about fans in general "ruining" a character by minimizing their flaws. Their enjoyment should not ruin your own. Moaning about how fangirls have ruined this or that with turning male characters into bishounen when they weren't before (lol, of all the characters to use for this, N is probably the closest to being a straight-up pretty boy). How can anyone like a character when they're so busy ruining them with their damn squeeing and fun?! It's sickening! This is what people like you sound like. This trait that you attribute to fangirls is in no way exclusive to them either. There's plenty of fanart by fanboys that depicts a female character in ways other than what the series sticks to as well.

I've hardly seen many depictions of N as some bad boy babe magnet. Did it ever occur to you that it's possible that many fans may like his gushing about math? And that cute fanart depicting Rosa and Hilda fighting over him is in no way erasing that attribute? How does this "ruin" his character?
---
lee-oh-leh-ee-ah.
It is perfectly okay to write garbage--as long as you edit brilliantly. --Carolyn Janice Cherryh
#23VenusAdeptIsaacPosted 3/2/2013 2:23:14 PM
Lioleia posted...
Lioleia posted...
...Am I supposed to be shocked? I was half-expecting some "shocking" like vore or tickling.

Why do fangirls turn a nerdy, socially inept person like N into a typical bishonen? Talk about ruining good characters.

Yes, because what a fan does ruins any and all enjoyment of a character. Every character ever is now ruined, because someone somewhere has erased all of their flaws and turned them into fanbait.

Seriously, you can do this with ANY character. There's little point in demonizing female fans in particular.

That's kind of an extreme thing to say. I didn't mean every character ever has been ruined.

And I didn't mean to imply that every girl who likes Pokemon sees N as a bad boy babe magnet, cause he's really a childish math and chemistry loving geeky character.

No, but your complaint is one I see often. When you liken the act of erasing N's flaws to ruining his character, you might as well say every character ever has been ruined because someone out there has done it. There is nothing special about fangirls "ruining" N by minimizing his social awkwardness. There is nothing special about fans in general "ruining" a character by minimizing their flaws. Their enjoyment should not ruin your own. Moaning about how fangirls have ruined this or that with turning male characters into bishounen when they weren't before (lol, of all the characters to use for this, N is probably the closest to being a straight-up pretty boy). How can anyone like a character when they're so busy ruining them with their damn squeeing and fun?! It's sickening! This is what people like you sound like. This trait that you attribute to fangirls is in no way exclusive to them either. There's plenty of fanart by fanboys that depicts a female character in ways other than what the series sticks to as well.

I've hardly seen many depictions of N as some bad boy babe magnet. Did it ever occur to you that it's possible that many fans may like his gushing about math? And that cute fanart depicting Rosa and Hilda fighting over him is in no way erasing that attribute? How does this "ruin" his character?

OMG I am sorry!

I just like N for who he is, and not how the fandom depicts him. Sorry if I offended you! O_o
#24MesmerilPosted 3/2/2013 2:27:31 PM
Old Ferriswheelshipping as always. What do you call RosaxN though? All I see of her is mostly RosaxHugh (Sequelshipping) and RosaxNate (Visorshipping)?

It's sad that I know these pairing names.
#25GiftedACIIIPosted 3/2/2013 3:22:57 PM
Lioleia posted...

I'm not female myself but I can understand why and its because he is very attractive to most girls and since most fanart come from girls, there are certain to be many women trying to make him as an attractive bishounen as possible.

Its not like guys don't judge things on looks. I mean Skyla, I don't see anything much about her personality but guys gobble her up.
#26GallantChaddymnPosted 3/2/2013 3:38:28 PM
Lioleia posted...
Lioleia posted...

Implying that changing his character "fixes" flaws.
You fangirls make me laugh...

So you are saying that there is something wrong with everyone who is anti-social?
Better yet, you are implying that it is a flaw to not be a horrible bishonen ?

Round of applause , people.
Round of applause....>.>
---
Fennekin >>> Every other Gen 6 starter
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/d5r70a1
#27LioleiaPosted 3/2/2013 4:03:51 PM

So you are saying that there is something wrong with everyone who is anti-social?

Round of applause....>.>

Go back and read my post. You completely missed the point of what I was saying. N's social ineptitude is a flaw. Depicting him without it for the sake of a quick doodle isn't "changing" his character, it's just minimizing it. It's not like the artist is portraying him as a suave, socially adept charmer. Even if they had, this doesn't ruin him--they're just portraying him in an out of character manner. Which, hey, happens all the time. Criticize it for being out of character, but phrase it as ruining N (loooool) or level it as an accusation against those damn fangirls and I get my hackles up.

Really, using "fangirls" like that just makes you seem like a petty, annoying child. You actually proved me right, in fact: that somehow cute fanart which doesn't have N as a creepy, socially awkward boy all the time is ruining his character. That a female of fan of N drawing some quick cute fanart is WRONG and is RUINING the character. How dare she have fun! How dare she ruin N by depicting him such a manner, because obviously Hilda or Rosa would never find him attractive! Now no one can ever like him!

N is one of the prettiest (and actually somewhat pretty, not just handsome) young men in the series period, so I would call him a bishounen--though I don't prefer to use the term.

I do think there is something wrong with anyone who is antisocial. Asocial, on the other hand, may refer to people who suffer from social anxiety, to people who are introverted, to people who simply prefer to keep to themselves. Also, social awkwardness =/= asocial.
---
lee-oh-leh-ee-ah.
It is perfectly okay to write garbage--as long as you edit brilliantly. --Carolyn Janice Cherryh
#28GallantChaddymnPosted 3/2/2013 10:35:58 PM
Lioleia posted...

Round of applause....>.>

Go back and read my post. You completely missed the point of what I was saying. N's social ineptitude is a flaw. Depicting him without it for the sake of a quick doodle isn't "changing" his character, it's just minimizing it. It's not like the artist is portraying him as a suave, socially adept charmer. Even if they had, this doesn't ruin him--they're just portraying him in an out of character manner. Which, hey, happens all the time. Criticize it for being out of character, but phrase it as ruining N (loooool) or level it as an accusation against those damn fangirls and I get my hackles up.

Really, using "fangirls" like that just makes you seem like a petty, annoying child. You actually proved me right, in fact: that somehow cute fanart which doesn't have N as a creepy, socially awkward boy all the time is ruining his character. That a female of fan of N drawing some quick cute fanart is WRONG and is RUINING the character. How dare she have fun! How dare she ruin N by depicting him such a manner, because obviously Hilda or Rosa would never find him attractive! Now no one can ever like him!

N is one of the prettiest (and actually somewhat pretty, not just handsome) young men in the series period, so I would call him a bishounen--though I don't prefer to use the term.

I do think there is something wrong with anyone who is antisocial. Asocial, on the other hand, may refer to people who suffer from social anxiety, to people who are introverted, to people who simply prefer to keep to themselves. Also, social awkwardness =/= asocial.

How about YOU go back and read MY post....-_-
I never implied anything of the sort.
I was arguing against your argument that states social ineptitude as a flaw.
I never claimed that there was anything wrong with the drawing or anything of the sort. My problem is that you treat social ineptitude as a flaw, rather than a character trait. However, you wer quick to jump the gun and get offened rather than actually give a valid argument.
---
Fennekin >>> Every other Gen 6 starter
http://browse.deviantart.com/#/d5r70a1
#29CharizardFirePosted 3/2/2013 10:38:44 PM
Old Ferriswheelshipping as always. What do you call RosaxN though? All I see of her is mostly RosaxHugh (Sequelshipping) and RosaxNate (Visorshipping)?

It's sad that I know these pairing names.

What about RosaxCurtis?
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#30scrappybristolPosted 3/2/2013 10:45:18 PM
Idk why Nate is there. I mean doesn't he have Nancy?
---
I'm a jukebox hero.