This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people here really hate IVs? -_-

#1Roc_RaidaPosted 3/2/2013 3:54:30 PM
If you do not play competitive anything (where it's Smogon's/PO rules, Nintendo's VGC, against your friend, etc) then it doesn't concern you. -_-

If you do then there are simulators that mimic's the battle scene just as well and there are programs, for VGCs, that will either aid you to get perfect IVs easier or flat out give you Pokemon with perfect IVs.
#2EstheimasterPosted 3/2/2013 4:00:55 PM
Roc_Raida posted...
there are programs, for VGCs, that will either aid you to get perfect IVs easier or flat out give you Pokemon with perfect IVs.

Because that's hacking and people like to be honest- plus they can detect some hacked Pokémon and ban you.

I use RNG Breeding for my IVs, an I wish I didn't have to in order to get a decent Hidden Power.
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#3QuetzalmaPosted 3/2/2013 4:02:35 PM
I know, people are always complaining that they love to breed their super perfect pokemon after hundreds of eggs and countless wasted hours, and then they want to remove the one thing that comes out of all that, I really don't understand xD

When playing the actual game, I only care about the Natures of the Pokemon, if I want to do competitive battling, I go to a Simulator(PO) and play with my super perfect pokemon there, simple as that
#4Hejiru206Posted 3/2/2013 4:03:31 PM
Because needles are terrible, and if you have one then you're probably already in a hospital or something...

OH, you meant Pokemon IVs, I'm sorry
---
Yeah, that's a problem games had back then. You actually had to get good at them. -Mctias
#5The_Sol_BladerPosted 3/2/2013 4:08:29 PM
Because they suck at Pokemon
---
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://oi47.tinypic.com/24bup9d.jpg
#6Roc_Raida(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 4:13:06 PM
Roc_Raida posted...
there are programs, for VGCs, that will either aid you to get perfect IVs easier or flat out give you Pokemon with perfect IVs.

Because that's hacking and people like to be honest- plus they can detect some hacked Pokémon and ban you.

I use RNG Breeding for my IVs, an I wish I didn't have to in order to get a decent Hidden Power.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you need a computer program to help you RNG?
#7InhaledCornPosted 3/2/2013 4:15:39 PM
Because it's just sooooo annoying. I don't want to waste hundreds of hours breeding for the right Pokemon to play the stupid game.

Gawd.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
*headdesk* what a time to have no money...
#8HomeRowedPosted 3/2/2013 4:19:43 PM
I'm sure some people would rather battle in the game than use a battle simulator. If IVs were removed, they could just battle in the game and not have to worry about getting the correct stats.

And then if you decide to battle in the game and RNG or hack to get the IVs you want, that's still making things unnecessarily complicated. That's all IVs do, honestly. They're not necessary at all, and make things worse for people who want to battle competitively.
---
HOME ROWED
ain't no skank
#9DarkKirby2500Posted 3/2/2013 4:44:12 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/65181981
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#10AuroraSonicBeamPosted 3/2/2013 5:14:51 PM
Because...people hate when something is based on luck....until they get lucky.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181