This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people here really hate IVs? -_-

#21TheAdoringFanPosted 3/2/2013 10:04:56 PM
Roc_Raida posted...
Roc_Raida posted...
there are programs, for VGCs, that will either aid you to get perfect IVs easier or flat out give you Pokemon with perfect IVs.

Because that's hacking and people like to be honest- plus they can detect some hacked Pokémon and ban you.

I use RNG Breeding for my IVs, an I wish I didn't have to in order to get a decent Hidden Power.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you need a computer program to help you RNG?

Yes, but the program does not touch your cartridge at all. Basically, you enter into RNG Reporter some information about your cartridge (Language, system played on, trainer ID, etc.) and it spits out some results that will help you get the desired pokemon. It doesn't actually do anything to your cartridge.
---
Contrary to popular belief, the "M" on Mario's cap actually stands for Mario~FuzzY__
#22IngSlayerPosted 3/2/2013 10:27:02 PM
Why do people hate this.

Why do people hate that.

Why do people hate this.

Why do people hate that.

Why do people hate this.

Why do people hate that.

Why do people hate this.

Why do people hate that.

Why do people hate this.

Why do people hate that.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#23MetalgenesisPosted 3/2/2013 11:09:24 PM
My only problem with IVs is the lack of control when breeding for them. Sure power items let you control 1 IV, but that is not good enough.

When I was breeding DW Nidoran, the father had 31 Attack, Defense, SpAttack, and speed. The mother had 31 Hp, SpDefense, and Speed. After a couple hundred eggs, I finally got a male with 31 Hp, SpAtt, and Speed that had hustle.

Anyway my point is they need to streamline the process of breeding, would giving perfect IVs a minimum of a 50% chance to be passed down really be so bad.
---
Black2 FC: 3526 1347 5979 Name: Mia
#24LenneValkiryePosted 3/3/2013 2:41:41 AM
Unecessary RNG-based timesink.
#25Hierarchy225Posted 3/3/2013 3:03:03 AM
Because its really annoying, and it feels unnecessary. I wouldn't mind if I had to go through all nonsense just once. But six times? Gamefreak must be insane.