This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

1st gen pokemon

#1stealth696Posted 3/3/2013 11:03:02 AM
i've been out of the loop for a very long time. since blue, red, yellow.

played silver and gold - was thinking about picking up a 3ds and playing pokemon again. just wondering how the 1st gen pokemon fit into all this. are you able to find mewtwo and the other original 150 in white/black/x? or would i have to buy previous versions and transfer?

i always found the games kinda fun, but the original pokemon definitely hit the nostalgia sweet spot.
#2squdgyPosted 3/3/2013 11:08:39 AM
Black and White 1 only have the newest pokemon until you beat the main story, but you should play it anyway. Nostalgia can only take you so far. Although you'll probably be biased against the new pokemon until you get better acquainted with them.

If you must have old pokes, Black and White 2 have pokemon from every generation mixed in.

But again, if you want to get into the games again, don't stay in the past. You can't run on Nostalgia fumes forever.
---
http://goo.gl/g092q
http://i.imgur.com/5FB9XOJ.gif
#3wahaha911Posted 3/3/2013 11:09:01 AM
u can trade over wifi
---
---
Asianwide is on yo side!!!
#4jakovuPosted 3/3/2013 11:58:14 AM
stealth696 posted...
original 150

Mew exists.
#5stealth696(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 12:25:49 PM
So what is the order of the Pokemon series? And he i don't plan to completely live in the past. But in the end that is what started Pokemon. If I got the black and white 2 I would be able to obtain all the Pokemon? You know, it's required to catch them all.
#6noname2lazyPosted 3/3/2013 12:27:35 PM
Yes you can get all Pokemon but some of them of them you will have to trade to get them.
#76bananzaPosted 3/3/2013 12:28:16 PM
stealth696 posted...
So what is the order of the Pokemon series? And he i don't plan to completely live in the past. But in the end that is what started Pokemon. If I got the black and white 2 I would be able to obtain all the Pokemon? You know, it's required to catch them all.

They stopped the "Catch 'em all" thing around gen 3
---
Official Articuno of the Pokemon X and Y boards.
http://i.imgur.com/PIMfmML.png. Credit: CM_Ponch
#8Traptin3daysPosted 3/3/2013 12:29:06 PM
stealth696 posted...

Order of the series, like gens?
1. Red, Blue, Green, Yellow
2. Gold, Silver, Crystal
3. Ruby, Saphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen
4. Diamon, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver
5. Black, White, Black 2, White 2
6. X, Y
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#9wahaha911Posted 3/3/2013 12:29:37 PM
not required to catch all just the ones u want
but in order: