This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wish PUSA did theme songs as well as 4Kids did

#11ColonelHawkPosted 3/4/2013 5:23:03 AM
Super Slash posted...
You guys really don't like the Black and White opening (the first one)? I think it's awesome. It's too short though.

Eh, not really. Up to that point, most of the themes were fast paced and got you psyched up(even though there was usually nothing to get psyched up about IMO) As previously said, starting with Black and White, the English openings become slow and country-ish.
#12ecylisPosted 3/4/2013 5:26:13 AM
CM_Ponch posted...
Something 4Kids was surprisingly good at.
There once was a man named Gold Roger who was king of the pirates.

No.
Funimation's dub of "We Are" will forever be better.
You can't ****ing have One Piece without that song. You can't do it.
SICK OF THIS YO HO ****
---
http://i.imgur.com/NaW3frK.gif | Pokemon White: http://i.imgur.com/BlxTP3R.png | http://i.imgur.com/nkIs6q9.png
#13slmcknettPosted 3/4/2013 5:33:43 AM
Dubbed Yu-Gi-Oh! had the best theme song, hands down.
---
Official Luxord of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board
#14InhaledCornPosted 3/4/2013 5:34:22 AM
The PUSA themes were okay until they got to B/W, then I want to tear my ears off in agony.

The songs don't get me excited at all. This is supposed to be some grand adventure. Why are the songs trying to put me to sleep? It doesn't help at all that the singers sound tone deaf. Also, why make a new season and a new song when it's practically the same as the one before it? Just... ugh.

But, what someone said before was true: The 4Kids songs weren't just about being friends. It was also about being the best. The songs sounded dynamic and exciting, and that built hype. Now, it's all about, "WE'RE BEST FRIENDS FOREVER AND EVER BECAUSE THAT'S DESTINY, POKEMON!" What happened to wanting to be the greatest trainer ever? I mean, I know the writers won't let Ash be the greatest, but it's still his goal.

Although, I gotta admit, I'm not sure how I feel about the Episode N Best Wishes opening remix. The lyrics are still upbeat, but the tone of the song is darker... It's a weird hodge-podge that's giving me mixed signals.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
*headdesk* what a time to have no money...
#15ColonelHawkPosted 3/4/2013 7:21:07 AM
InhaledCorn posted...
The PUSA themes were okay until they got to B/W, then I want to tear my ears off in agony.

The songs don't get me excited at all. This is supposed to be some grand adventure. Why are the songs trying to put me to sleep? It doesn't help at all that the singers sound tone deaf. Also, why make a new season and a new song when it's practically the same as the one before it? Just... ugh.

But, what someone said before was true: The 4Kids songs weren't just about being friends. It was also about being the best. The songs sounded dynamic and exciting, and that built hype. Now, it's all about, "WE'RE BEST FRIENDS FOREVER AND EVER BECAUSE THAT'S DESTINY, POKEMON!" What happened to wanting to be the greatest trainer ever? I mean, I know the writers won't let Ash be the greatest, but it's still his goal.

Although, I gotta admit, I'm not sure how I feel about the Episode N Best Wishes opening remix. The lyrics are still upbeat, but the tone of the song is darker... It's a weird hodge-podge that's giving me mixed signals.

^Agreed on the Episode N thing. I laughed when it showed Ash Iris and Cilan being all serious like, then having the theme still be the cheery happy theme they had previously.
#16kenneth_velezPosted 3/4/2013 2:09:26 PM
Yeah, I miss the old themes. What was far worse though is the fact I was channel surfing a few days ago and came across a new Power Rangers Series (not the bad part in case you are wondering) and the theme was the old Shuki Levy theme from the 90s but with weird lyrics and awkward vocals.

Sad because I actually used to like the music from Aaron Waters and Superpower.
#17ColonelHawkPosted 3/4/2013 3:02:51 PM
kenneth_velez posted...
Yeah, I miss the old themes. What was far worse though is the fact I was channel surfing a few days ago and came across a new Power Rangers Series (not the bad part in case you are wondering) and the theme was the old Shuki Levy theme from the 90s but with weird lyrics and awkward vocals.

Sad because I actually used to like the music from Aaron Waters and Superpower.

^ I heard that Saban bought back the series from Disney so they decided to mark the occasion by making their next series(Samurai Force, or something) have an opening that was a remix of the original.