This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would a Dark/Ghost type with wonder guard be banned from Ubers?

#11iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 12:19:51 AM
Verdika posted...
How much health does it have? Because I figure any Pokemon with Wonder Guard should have only 1 hp, in which case any Toxic, Will-o-Wisp, or any other round-about method of killing it would prolly keep it alright.

If it was Dark/Ghost, had WG, AND insanely high hp, it could just be generally OP even for Ubers.

Lets say Luvdisc's stats but Dark/Ghost + Wonderguard
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#12RX0megaPosted 3/4/2013 12:51:26 AM
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
No, but pokemon with Miracle Eye, Mold Breaker, Foresight, and Odor Sleuth will automatically be bumped to OU/Uber

Tiers are based on usage, not dictation. Ubers is a ban tier for OU, BL is a ban tier for UU, ect. But any tier that isn't a ban tier is a tier based on usage, not how good a Pokemon is considered. Otherwise the tier would be S, A, B, ect, not overused, Underused, Rarely Used, and Never Used.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#13Twilight_SonataPosted 3/4/2013 1:02:12 AM(edited)
Classic_Sonic posted...
Lol you can't ban stuff from Ubers.

Actually, you can. Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Moody, and Sheer Cold are all banned from Ubers, along with I think a few held items. If you mean you can't ban Pokemon from Ubers, though, then you're probably right.

Windyligth posted...
No cause skill swap is an easy counter.

Pretty sure Skill Swap specifically doesn't work on Wonder Guard.

Anyway, no, it wouldn't be banned from Ubers, not with Reshiram and Zekrom running around. EDIT: Forgot Kyurem-B, Kyurem-W, and Excadrill.

---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#14GastroidPosted 3/4/2013 12:57:29 AM
It could get the Wobbuffet treatment: Banned to Ubers, with most people respectfully agreeing not to abuse it.
---
Quantoid
Quantum Gast-variant Android
#15AuroraSonicBeamPosted 3/4/2013 12:57:35 AM
RX0mega posted...
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
No, but pokemon with Miracle Eye, Mold Breaker, Foresight, and Odor Sleuth will automatically be bumped to OU/Uber

Tiers are based on usage, not dictation. Ubers is a ban tier for OU, BL is a ban tier for UU, ect. But any tier that isn't a ban tier is a tier based on usage, not how good a Pokemon is considered. Otherwise the tier would be S, A, B, ect, not overused, Underused, Rarely Used, and Never Used.

I know that. My point was that certain pokemon will be used a lot more because the metagame will be overcentralized on this hypothetical pokemon. Maybe if I said "Pokemon with said abilities and moves will be used more" for clarity instead of saying being bumped up to Ubers.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#16KeeperOfShadowsPosted 3/4/2013 5:51:03 AM
It'd depend on how good the pokemon itself is in battle. If you made Shedinja Dark/Ghost type, or gave Sableye Wonderguard, neither would be overly broken. Toxic would probably be on every team, but its already on nearly every team.
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#17LenneValkiryePosted 3/4/2013 5:52:29 AM

Lol you can't ban stuff from Ubers.

Actually, you can. Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Moody, and Sheer Cold are all banned from Ubers, along with I think a few held items. If you mean you can't ban Pokemon from Ubers, though, then you're probably right.

Double Team and Minimize aren't banned in ubers.
#18Zarren364Posted 3/4/2013 8:04:10 AM
Fire Fang
---
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBC-Wargle I R - Zarren