This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

B/W & B/W2 have made all the earlier pokemon games more difficult for me.

#1themegaman7Posted 3/4/2013 10:40:09 AM
Before once I caught & decided to have pokemon on my team I would stick with it through to the end, but in B/W & B/W2 I adopted myself a new playing style, that is if a pokemon is performing inadequately (contantly getting haxed also counts as being inadequate) I will most likely replace it with a another poke I randomly feel like using, now in B/W & B/W2 this is no problem due to the exp scaling system, but in my recent Platinum PT I got my arse handed to me pretty hard, I specifically had to prepare for certain threaths like Crasher Wake's Gyarados and Cyrus' Murkrow (Goddamn bastard outsped & 1hit ko'd my whole party) for example due to my team constantly being like 5-10 levels lower than the opposition.

I do enjoy the challenge though.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#2BurningFlareXPosted 3/4/2013 10:43:49 AM
I personally had to solo through the whole game with my starter, at least until I've caught the mascot Legendary. That was, in the past games though. BW removed the "being underleveled" problem with Audino grinding and stuff, so you could actually level up a team without only being able to focus on your starter.
---
<Insert inspiring quote here.>
#3Silva-RequiemPosted 3/4/2013 11:13:26 AM
See this is why I had a rotated team in W: Pikachu, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Boldore, Krookodile, Scraggy, Unfezant, Palpitoad and Leavanny... With that many types, no problems for me...

Though currently on W2: Tepig, Snivy, Riolu, Zorua lv 17/18
Planning on adding Jolteon and Vaporeon and substituting Riolu for Trapinch
No problems so far, except Riolu gets pawned... But it wants to evolve weirdly...
---
Never fear the fall... 3DS Friendcode: 0860-4683-4585
#4NomytakerPosted 3/4/2013 11:21:16 AM
On both my HG, Platinum, and White2 games. I'm currently trying this idea.

Get Starter.
Beat first Gym.
Get a second Pokemon.
Beat 2nd Gym.
Get a third Pokemon.
Beat 3rd Gym.
Get a fourth Pokemon....etc

So by the time you get to E4, you can only have 8 Pokemon. It's going fairly interesting so far. (You can catch Legendaries if the game forced you into a fight with them. But unless you beat a gym, you can't use it in Battle.)
---
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
#5erekwashere15Posted 3/4/2013 11:22:58 AM
Gen V was a lot faster than previous Gens. I really, really want to play through Platinum again, but slow battles, slow leveling and pretty much everything being slower is enough to stop me.
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#6Angels2002Posted 3/4/2013 11:32:43 AM
From: erekwashere15 | Posted: 3/4/2013 11:22:58 AM | #005
Gen V was a lot faster than previous Gens. I really, really want to play through Platinum again, but slow battles, slow leveling and pretty much everything being slower is enough to stop me.

This, I'm playing through SS again after playing White and everything is so much slower
---
White FC: 2022-8782-6654