This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What kind of trainer are you?

#1Skull_proPosted 3/4/2013 10:20:35 PM
Choose one. (Description oc choices in actual post) - Results (221 votes)
Only-In game
29.41% (65 votes)
Casual
24.89% (55 votes)
Semi-competitive
35.29% (78 votes)
Competitive
8.6% (19 votes)
Hardcore competitive
1.81% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Only-In game: Pretty self-explained, you only play the game for it's single-player experience

Casual: You play multiplayer, but usually don't care at all of the outcome. You mainly put a team made of your favourite.

Semi-Competitive: If you are semi-competitive, you usually play mainly with your favourite, or mix your favourite and some classified as ''OU'' in competitives websites, you train them for EV and Nature, but nothing more.

Competitive: You work hard to make a team mainly made of ''OU'' pokemon (Or lower tiers pokemon if you play competitively on lower tiers) You work for nature, EV, moveset and try to get as high IV as possible

Hardcore: Simply put, you cheat/hack/RNG abuse in order to get the best possible pokemon of the tiers you play with. Unless lower IV are part of your strategy, you WILL have perfect IV pokemon. You play by the rules of Smogon and similar website.

As for me, I'm semi competitive.
---
Married to Clay, Driftveil city's gym leader
Official Roserade of the Pokemon X/Y boards
#2wind64aPosted 3/4/2013 10:23:40 PM
Kinda in-between Semi-Competitve and Competitive for me.
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#3soMEguy_povoPosted 3/4/2013 10:33:55 PM
In-game only for me. Online play, even casually, requires a far larger investment of time and effort than I'm willing to consider acceptable. And all to be paired up against some ultra-hardcore metagamer who's only beatable with 1 exact team using specific moves at exactly the right time. And yeah, I know that's untrue and exaggerated, but that's just the reputation online battling seems to have.
---
Another day successfully wasted.
"I need a new quote for this signature." - Me
#4GiftedACIIIPosted 3/4/2013 10:36:21 PM
Semi for me. Since with simulators being easier to access than event Pokemon its exceedingly easy to play competitive there for an hour or two. Any casual can do it. This poll definitely seems to forget simulators where you can easily battle with the perfect ivs, evs, and nature instantly.

Though I wonder why hacking would classify as hardcore. Its much easier to do than trying to get as high of IV ingame as possible. So I'm a mix of semi and hardcore. I've legit IV breeded a few Pokemon but that is definitely way past the time I'm willing to spend on it.
#5Skull_pro(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 11:35:09 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
Semi for me. Since with simulators being easier to access than event Pokemon its exceedingly easy to play competitive there for an hour or two. Any casual can do it. This poll definitely seems to forget simulators where you can easily battle with the perfect ivs, evs, and nature instantly.

Though I wonder why hacking would classify as hardcore. Its much easier to do than trying to get as high of IV ingame as possible. So I'm a mix of semi and hardcore. I've legit IV breeded a few Pokemon but that is definitely way past the time I'm willing to spend on it.

Note the poll choice: Hardcore competitive. People who only care about the competitive part of Pokemon. Some of them hacks to just speed their way to the perfect team. Also I disreguarded the possibility of putting simulator player because I was implying that people answring here played only, or mostly on the original games.
---
#6NinjaKitsunePosted 3/4/2013 11:45:59 PM
In game only, but I pick up a few traits from the other options when I'm doing something like PWT.
---
"We ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal."
#7Skull_pro(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 12:04:42 AM
NinjaKitsune posted...
In game only, but I pick up a few traits from the other options when I'm doing something like PWT.

I guess you COULD be considered Casual, then.
---
#8scrappybristolPosted 3/5/2013 12:05:35 AM
Casual
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#9Super_Jedi7Posted 3/5/2013 12:10:52 AM
I just play single player with pokemon I like.
#10_KGC_Posted 3/5/2013 12:12:26 AM
I feel like an Causal, but by your definition I'm considered Hardcore.

Interesting.
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra