This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who actually likes pure/single type pokemon?

#1Pikablu45Posted 3/5/2013 10:54:29 AM
What I mean is pokemon with just one type.

Gen 5 had WAY too many pure types. I want some new dual types...like Ice/Psychic, Bug/Dragon, Water/Fire, Fighting/Flying and Dark/Electric.
---
Lang Zi says 'Furio Tigre can only be half the beastly hot man my descendant can be...'
You go Shifu!! *Fangirl Roar*
#2fox444fPosted 3/5/2013 10:55:49 AM
my favorite pokemon is a pure type. so i dont have a problem with them.
---
Official Vulpix of the Pokemon X and Y boards.
Official Member and Vulpix of The Legends Clan/Team Infinity
#3CakeOfLiesPosted 3/5/2013 10:56:23 AM
Jynx is Ice/Psychic. -_-

And I'm actually fine with single types. Some dual types just suck so we're better off with some single types. *glares at Normal/Flying*
---
http://i.imgur.com/K29ku1D.png
#4MetaFalconPunchPosted 3/5/2013 10:56:37 AM
Pure types are nice because they don't give a pokemon too many weaknesses (unless said weaknesses are countered by the other type).

But dual types are just...cooler.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
Claims the Speed Booster. SHINE-SPAAARRRKKK!!!
#5UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/5/2013 10:57:26 AM(edited)
Anyone who's picked a Water starter in a Gen besides 3 or 4.
Zing.
I do wish the starters weren't mono-type.
---
"As I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother ****er in the goddamn valley!"
#6enixroxPosted 3/5/2013 10:58:47 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
*glares at Normal/Flying*

THIS!!! I can't stand Normal/Flying. I would much rather just have Flying. I hope the first route bird is pure flying in gen 6.
---
I ate a cracker today...forgot to post it on Instagram. *throws self down a flight of steps*
3DS FC: 414117870987
#7nro87Posted 3/5/2013 11:02:13 AM(edited)
UltimaZangetsu posted...
Anyone who's picked a Water starter in a Gen besides 3 or 4.
Zing.
I do wish the starters weren't mono-type.

So 3 of the 5 are single typed? Not that much of an overwhelming majority. 7 of the 15 starters are single typed, actually. So, your point about the water starters makes no sense.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
Official Chespin of the Pokemon X board.
#8Pikablu45(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 11:11:59 AM
CakeOfLies posted...
Jynx is Ice/Psychic. -_-

And I'm actually fine with single types. Some dual types just suck so we're better off with some single types. *glares at Normal/Flying*

Sorry I meant Ice/Poison. I know what you're saying but dual types allow for more combinations in a 6 party team. It's more useful because of the extra coverage and the extra STAB. It would just be so fun to use a Water/Fire as well, right? Doesn't anyone agree?
---
Lang Zi says 'Furio Tigre can only be half the beastly hot man my descendant can be...'
You go Shifu!! *Fangirl Roar*
#9pokemonfreak97Posted 3/5/2013 11:19:38 AM
I want a pure Flying type that's not a legendary! Arceus and Tornadus are OK, but give us, say, an Eeveelution or a generic first-route bird or something!
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#10KitschgardenerPosted 3/5/2013 11:20:41 AM
Not all Pokémon benefit from being dual-typed, because chances are that the two types don't guarantee perfect coverage or a good defensive typing. Dragons achieve very good coverage with Dragon typed STAB plus something to hit Steels (usually Earthquake, better if STAB), but being dual-typed with Flying or something (Bug, for example) doesn't really help them, especially with that x4 Ice weakness. Water-types are similar, as are Fighting-types, among others. Defensive Pokémon might only use one of their STABs and leave the rest for support, so the need for two STAB moves isn't really there.

If you mean from a flavour perspective, single-type Pokémon are good at demonstrating the variety of traits that comprise their type, and these will likely be revisited in future dual-type combos. Mienshao (rather graceful ferret-thing) is quite different from Conkeldurr (construction worker), who is in turn quite different from Throh (judoka) - these all representing different styles of fighting. And so on and so forth.