This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DBZ team?

#11VoidEnvoyPosted 3/5/2013 6:55:23 PM
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
Mewtwo's too powerful to be Frieza

I'm assuming we're talking about the anime Mewtwo. It's been years since I've watched the movie, but I assume you mean that Mewtwo can control Freeza's mind or something? Because Freeza can blow up planets pretty easily and survived a planet explosion with only his upper-torso in-tact and half dead.

I'm referring to the fact that later in the DBZ series the main cast often reference how weak Frieza was in retrospect. I think it was stated that the kids (Goten and Kid Trunks) could beat him easily, without fusing, while characters like Goku and Vegeta by that point could annihilate Frieza. On the other hand, Mewtwo has been consistently regarded as one of the best pokemon in the game since his introduction, so I feel like Frieza and Mewtwo are a poor comparison.
#12Otaku_XPosted 3/5/2013 6:55:59 PM
Buu is clearly Makuhita. It has the exact same face and, judging by one of its entry animations, stretchy arms.
---
...Everything is going according to plan.
#13DoctorPiranha3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 6:56:54 PM
VoidEnvoy posted...
DoctorPiranha3 posted...

I'm assuming we're talking about the anime Mewtwo. It's been years since I've watched the movie, but I assume you mean that Mewtwo can control Freeza's mind or something? Because Freeza can blow up planets pretty easily and survived a planet explosion with only his upper-torso in-tact and half dead.

I'm referring to the fact that later in the DBZ series the main cast often reference how weak Frieza was in retrospect. I think it was stated that the kids (Goten and Kid Trunks) could beat him easily, without fusing, while characters like Goku and Vegeta by that point could annihilate Frieza. On the other hand, Mewtwo has been consistently regarded as one of the best pokemon in the game since his introduction, so I feel like Frieza and Mewtwo are a poor comparison.

That has less to do with Freeza being weak and more to do with all the Saiyans (and Piccolo) becoming absurdly strong.

Hmm... Piccolo would be Slugma! He is a slug man, after all. Or maybe Sableye.
---
It's like every topic you post in becomes filled with either sensual energy or "pent up sexual frustration". ~ SurfingVaporeon, on DoctorPiranha3
#14VoidEnvoyPosted 3/5/2013 7:04:16 PM
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
VoidEnvoy posted...
DoctorPiranha3 posted...

That has less to do with Freeza being weak and more to do with all the Saiyans (and Piccolo) becoming absurdly strong.

Hmm... Piccolo would be Slugma! He is a slug man, after all. Or maybe Sableye.

True enough, but I think it still applies. We've gotten a TON of new pokemon since Gen 1, but Mewtwo has remained one of the best there is, while Frieza was quickly left in the dust upon the end of his Story Arc.

As far as Piccolo = Slugma, I'm not sure. Slugma's a red fire slug, and Piccolo is a green... um... not fire slug man. I'm not really sure what would be a better Piccolo comparison though, so we'll run with it for now.

I think Bisharp would make a good Dabura, seeing as Dabura's a demon swordsman and Bisharp is a Dark/Steel type with blades on his arms.
#15TIGERJACKS0NPosted 3/5/2013 7:04:37 PM
tao pai pai = mewtwo
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img210/9229/ttt2kunimitsubikinibyke.jpg
#16DUBTunerPosted 3/5/2013 7:07:34 PM
http://complexogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/00010.jpg
---
"Let me explain the difference between you and me: you watch Star Trek, I live it."
Howard Wolowitz
#17DoctorPiranha3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 7:11:11 PM
Bulma - Lopunny
Icarus (Gohan's pet dragon) - Dragonite
Yamcha - Mightyena
Gohan - Primeape (Oozaru form)
Captain Ginyu - Manaphy
---
It's like every topic you post in becomes filled with either sensual energy or "pent up sexual frustration". ~ SurfingVaporeon, on DoctorPiranha3
#18VoidEnvoyPosted 3/5/2013 7:11:25 PM
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
tao pai pai = mewtwo

DUBTuner posted...
http://complexogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/00010.jpg

Oh god, my sides.

Both of those posts made my day. Hilarious.
#19VampLordAdamaruPosted 3/5/2013 7:22:57 PM
I think Lickilicky works better for Buu (at least Fat Buu), but that's just me. >.>

Piccolo: Scyther, Breloom, Sceptile
Chiaotzu: I think Tyrogue might work better for him.
Krillin: Ledian... XD
Vegeta: Definitely Lucario
Mr. Satan/Hercule: Probopass (DAT 'STACHE!)
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!