This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it me or the starters looking worse each gen?

#1mexicannonPosted 3/5/2013 7:12:00 PM
After Gen 4 each starter looks pretty normal/boring. Gen 6 is looking to uphold that.
#2XEvent-HorizonXPosted 3/5/2013 7:12:37 PM
Pray tell?
---
What the heck?! I've been moving like Jabba for FIVE days now and I ain't learned nuthin'! :(
Official Galactic Pretty Boy of GameFAQs. <>u<>
#3scrappybristolPosted 3/5/2013 7:12:48 PM
It's you.
---
I'm a jukebox hero.
#4ScottThangPosted 3/5/2013 7:14:07 PM
How about we wait until we see their evolutions and movesets before we judge them?
---
Only on LUE would people be talking about Captain Planet commandeering the magic school bus- bronzeshadow
There is no cure for cancer- LUE's slogan
#5mexicannon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 7:14:31 PM
I'm not really talking about the evolutions just the beginners. In Gen 5, Snivy was the only decent one in my opinion.
#6CemithPosted 3/5/2013 7:16:37 PM
Serperior and Samurott were awesome looking IMO.

Emboar is a disgrace but that is beside the point.
---
http://i.imgur.com/UyI9A.png - Femith: Courtesy of Anima_Live. PS: It isn't Gawt dayum CEmith
#7wahaha911Posted 3/5/2013 7:17:41 PM
no snivy AND oshawott
tepig got teh short end off the stick and long end of teh cigarette
---
---
Asianwide is on yo side!!!
#8mexicannon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 7:19:37 PM
Ok, now I guess I want to change this topic on how all of fire starters recently are unorginal/boring. Who in their right minds would get a fire/fighting 3 gen in a row? I'm pretty positive than Fenniken will either be a pure fire or something else.
#9VoidEnvoyPosted 3/5/2013 7:20:49 PM
mexicannon posted...
I'm not really talking about the evolutions just the beginners. In Gen 5, Snivy was the only decent one in my opinion.

Well in my opinion the first form of most of the starters looks pretty goofy, but they usually get cooler looking as they level up. I thought all of Gen V's starters looked really weird in their base forms, but really liked Samurott's and Serperior's designs (Emboar is still a disgrace). Same with Gen IV, but in that Gen I liked the final forms of all 3 starters.

Even in Gen II, which is my favorite, I concede that Totodile, Cyndaquil, and Chikorita all look pretty goofy, but they all look badass in their final evolutions. I think it's a matter of Gamefreak trying to make the starters' first forms look "cute" and then letting them progressively look cooler and more mature as they evolve.
#10TyranidomegaPosted 3/5/2013 7:23:15 PM(edited)
I always judge Pokemon based on their full forms. The preevos IMO only serve to be cute(1st form) or to serve as a stepping stone to the potential a fully evolved Pokemon will have(2nd evos).

Based on what I think of the 1st forms...nah, I don't think they're getting worse.
---
Official hot fudge sundae of the IDF
Official Hydreigon of the Pokemon B/W 2 Boards.