This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bulbasaur was the noob starter that only noobs picked

#1lazycomplifePosted 3/5/2013 6:52:29 PM
This is due to the types of the first and second gyms, and the resistance in the third gym. By that point in the game, you already had an awesome team besides bulbasaur OR your Ivysaur/Venusaur is very overleveled. Either way, the entire game is easy mode with bulbasaur.
---
Official Swinub
#2WilhuffTarkinPosted 3/5/2013 6:53:41 PM
Cool story bro
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#3Gardevoir47Posted 3/5/2013 6:54:16 PM
Just like how the game is super easy with a Pikachu only Speedrun in Yellow.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3825 7849 1598
BTW, The Game
#4LexifoxPosted 3/5/2013 6:54:18 PM
Bulbasaur was the starter you chose if you didn't have to compensate with a big scary "dragon" or cannon turtle.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#5Painted_FishPosted 3/5/2013 6:55:45 PM
I kinda remember Bulbasaur having really bad moves though.
---
NYARGLEBARGLE!
http://tinyurl.com/TheJusticeDance
#6DoctorPiranha3Posted 3/5/2013 6:55:47 PM
Gardevoir47 posted...

Pokemon Yellow was my first Pokemon game, and Brock gave me SO MUCH F***ING TROUBLE. Pikachu can't do jack s*** to his Pokemon, and I assume Charmander was in a similar situation, but at least his Embers can hit!
---
It's like every topic you post in becomes filled with either sensual energy or "pent up sexual frustration". ~ SurfingVaporeon, on DoctorPiranha3
#7GiftedACIIIPosted 3/5/2013 6:56:55 PM
The entire ingame is noob tutorial for noobs. Ingame is easy mode. Competitive is what actual gamers instead of CoD casuals do
#8LexifoxPosted 3/5/2013 6:57:16 PM
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
Gardevoir47 posted...

Pokemon Yellow was my first Pokemon game, and Brock gave me SO MUCH F***ING TROUBLE. Pikachu can't do jack s*** to his Pokemon, and I assume Charmander was in a similar situation, but at least his Embers can hit!

Charmander was easy to win with because Growl killed Geodude and Onix's meager attack, and Ember did strong damage because they had no Special.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#9VoidEnvoyPosted 3/5/2013 6:57:56 PM
lazycomplife posted...
This is due to the types of the first and second gyms, and the resistance in the third gym. By that point in the game, you already had an awesome team besides bulbasaur OR your Ivysaur/Venusaur is very overleveled. Either way, the entire game is easy mode with bulbasaur.

I picked Bulbasaur because he's the coolest, not the easiest.
#10Painted_FishPosted 3/5/2013 6:58:42 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
The entire ingame is noob tutorial for noobs. Ingame is easy mode. Competitive is what actual gamers instead of CoD casuals do

Watch out! REAL gamer here.
---
NYARGLEBARGLE!
http://tinyurl.com/TheJusticeDance