This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you like more items to bestow effects of abilities? (Think Balloon item)

#1RX0megaPosted 3/5/2013 9:52:48 PM
Would you like to see more items bestow the holder with an effect of an ability (within reason)? - Results (28 votes)
Sure, it could open up some more sets for various Pokemon and make things more fun.
85.71% (24 votes)
Nah.
14.29% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Okay, so we all know about Baloon, right? It basically grants the holder immunity to Ground moves, exactly like Levitate, and is destroyed once the mon is hit. So this got me thinking, what is more items like Balloon were created? Ones that basically gave the holder a ability, until they were hit or some other common effect in battle took place.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#2CarbideTitanPosted 3/5/2013 10:03:08 PM
I like the single use items quite a bit. The first time i faced Normans Slaking at PWT was a real eye opener. I was like, LOL a Slaking then it used Giga impact hitting hard and activating My Haxorus' Focus sash. I sent a choice banded Outrage the same turn and hit slaking for a near k/o and his eject button replaced with Kecleon who K/o'd me with Fake out =(
---
Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?
#3ThatKippPosted 3/5/2013 10:04:53 PM
That would be really cool. I would want to get a Grass Balloon Swampert.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X board+Only member of my one-man team
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#4UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/5/2013 10:05:09 PM
Some item on one of the Pokes I faced in White Treehollow let it fire off Solarbeam in one turn. It blew my mind. I'm okay with this sort of thing. Even if my Carracosta wasn't.
---
"As I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother ****er in the goddamn valley!"
#5CharizardFirePosted 3/5/2013 11:22:23 PM
Some item on one of the Pokes I faced in White Treehollow let it fire off Solarbeam in one turn. It blew my mind.

It's called a Power Herb, and it was introduced in Diamond and Pearl.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif