This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The first "New Generation" feeling you experienced.

#1Jrx1Posted 3/6/2013 4:49:36 AM
The first "New Generation" feeling you experienced. - Results (236 votes)
Gen II
36.02% (85 votes)
Gen III
19.07% (45 votes)
Gen IV
16.53% (39 votes)
Gen V
22.88% (54 votes)
Gen VI
5.51% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This question is quite hard to form for everybody to understand it. So let me try to explain.

What was the first new Pokemon Generation that you waited for while it wasn't released?
Just like we waited for Gen V news 3 years ago, we wait for Gen VI in 2013

For example, during G/S/C days were you aware from any source that New Pokemon Games are coming soon (R/S) and read in magazines/online about the newly revealed information?

For me, it was partially Gen IV. I didn't had Internet Connection at the time, but either at my friends house or Internet Cafes i managed to find out about Darkrai/Shaymin//Arceus before they were officially released.

My full new Generation experience was during Gen V, as i really awaited for new scans showcasing completely New Pokemon.
---
Officia Arceus of the Pokemon X and Y boards
~The God of Pokemon!~
#2Missingno_MastrPosted 3/6/2013 4:52:24 AM
I first got into Pokemon not long before Generation II, so it was all kind of a seamless transition for me there. The first time I found myself truly awaiting the new Generation was Generation III. That was when I had first found Serebii.net, though long before I ever signed up on any sites.
---
Official badass Admin of Team Miror. I ride a Shadow Scolipede. Top that. I dare you.
#3vital_tundraPosted 3/6/2013 4:54:42 AM
Gen 3 for me. I was in the 3rd grade and that was the time I started seeing magazines with pre release stuff and discovering the powers that be the Internet. I was hyped for that game and once it came out me and my friends need put the game down.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#4PolimarioPosted 3/6/2013 5:00:58 AM
Gen V.

Example: I attempted to make an entire Dex of Fakemons for Gen V when IV was still new.

I'd assume it would have been the same for Gen III, had I been aware of its existence before I got Emerald.
---
Official Miror Admin. Shadow Pokemon: Feraligatr.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbn8e2Vsjl1qibib0o2_r2_500.gif
#5MightyRevenantPosted 3/6/2013 7:32:09 AM
I've been playing all the generations, but when I heard they were going to make a fifth one, I was pretty surprised, thinking that they'd go for something beyond Arceus, which was the main reason as to why I was curious. I was kinda sceptical at first, but then I saw Reshiram and Zekrom, which made me really happy.
#6Zarren364Posted 3/6/2013 7:40:44 AM
Gen III.

I started playing the games about a year after Gold/Silver launched.
---
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBC-Wargle I R - Zarren
#7themegaman7Posted 3/6/2013 8:13:46 AM
Gen 2. I had some crappy gaming magazine that showcased all of the new pokemon and had a bunch of pics, explanations of new features and stuff. Not until Brawl have I been so hyped for a video game.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 3/6/2013 8:18:41 AM
I started in Gen IV (specifically SoulSilver) after Black and White were already out (heck, Black and White 2 were almost out). So Gen VI is the first time that I got this feeling.
---
http://i.imgur.com/K29ku1D.png
#9Pikablu45Posted 3/6/2013 9:54:26 AM
themegaman7 posted...
Gen 2. I had some crappy gaming magazine that showcased all of the new pokemon and had a bunch of pics, explanations of new features and stuff. Not until Brawl have I been so hyped for a video game.

That's the same as me! After finishing Gen 1, I was eagerly awaiting Gen 2 and got a Nintendo Power magazine I think it was, which showed all the new 100 pokes, the day and night features and the new types - Dark and Steel. I remember thinking how cool Chinchou and Macargo were...god was I wrong.
---
Lang Zi says 'Furio Tigre can only be half the beastly hot man my descendant can be...'
You go Shifu!! *Fangirl Roar*
#10NomytakerPosted 3/6/2013 10:02:33 AM
2nd. The feeling of Joy when I saw Espeon and Umbreon. XD And couldn't wait to use Houndour and Houndoom. Wasn't really fussed about being in a new area. Now I'm more interested in the new land, and lore. As well as the new pokemon. XD
---
Sic vis pacem, para bellum