This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A new type

#1SkoziPosted 3/6/2013 4:06:29 PM
If they introduce a new type, what would be your main problem with it?

Personaly, I Don't care either way. I feel that a new type could change things up a bit and refresh the series, and wouldn't really hurt anything. However, I also feel that if there isn't a new type, the games will still go on as they have been and everything will be fine.
---
DoctorScraps~ Even if there isn't a hardcore mode...It's food. Eat it. Like a boss. It's a roleplaying game. Go have breakfast.
Leader of the Reaper. Est. 2007
#2MugilokoPosted 3/6/2013 4:07:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 3/6/2013 4:07:45 PM
I saw a topic a while back that detailed a "Magic" type, which I'd be cool with
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
#4XazealPosted 3/6/2013 4:07:55 PM
Togekiss needs to finally get the Airport/Flying typing it deserves.
---
Official Mienshao of the Pokemon X Board
#5NomytakerPosted 3/6/2013 4:33:05 PM
I don't see how adding a new type would benefit the game.

Magic can be put with Psychic
Light can be either put into Fire and Electric.
Plasma can be a duel Type Fire/Electric pokemon.
Fairy are magic beings, refer to magic.
Radiation can be put as Electric Type.

Also the type balance list is good enough as it is without having to mess with it. (As we all know, but I'll just say as a reminder, Dark and Steel were added to level out the weakness and resistance.)

Secondly, we have a plethora of unused type combos, let's play with them first.
---
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
#6P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 3/6/2013 4:35:06 PM
Nomytaker posted...

Also the type balance list is good enough as it is without having to mess with it. (As we all know, but I'll just say as a reminder, Dark and Steel were added to level out the weakness and resistance.)

Actually I'm going to disagree here. I've always thought of Psychic types as logic reasoning, and to be put with science and being practical, and so the notion of a Magic type would oppose the Psychic type. In other words, Magic-Psychic is a Dark-Light speculation that ACTUALLY makes sense.
---
#7MetalgenesisPosted 3/6/2013 4:41:27 PM
Only if new type pokemon pilot Gundams, will I support them.
---
Black2 FC: 3526 1347 5979 Name: Mia
#8NomytakerPosted 3/6/2013 4:47:13 PM
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
Nomytaker posted...

Actually I'm going to disagree here. I've always thought of Psychic types as logic reasoning, and to be put with science and being practical, and so the notion of a Magic type would oppose the Psychic type. In other words, Magic-Psychic is a Dark-Light speculation that ACTUALLY makes sense.

Sorry? I didn't see the actually Magic Type thread. Is this magic type meant to be slight of hand magic or misdirection magic? Or Illusion?
If this magic type is focused on more slight of hand, and misdirection, it falls under Dark type (Thief, Faint Attack, Sucker Punch.)
If it's under Illusion where you're tricking the mind. It'll fall under Psychic type. (Confusion, Hypnosis, Magic Room)
I'll go have a look for this Magic Thread, and have a quick read.
---
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
#9P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 3/6/2013 4:50:42 PM
Nomytaker posted...
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
Nomytaker posted...

Sorry? I didn't see the actually Magic Type thread. Is this magic type meant to be slight of hand magic or misdirection magic? Or Illusion?
If this magic type is focused on more slight of hand, and misdirection, it falls under Dark type (Thief, Faint Attack, Sucker Punch.)
If it's under Illusion where you're tricking the mind. It'll fall under Psychic type. (Confusion, Hypnosis, Magic Room)
I'll go have a look for this Magic Thread, and have a quick read.

I actually have no idea what the thread was named, I just remember that it was about Sylveon. My thought process is that a Magic type (think things such as alchemy and arcana) is the opposite of things such as "practical sciences", such as physics or geometry, which could be labeled as Psychic types.
---
#10SilverSockPosted 3/6/2013 4:56:08 PM
I'd be totally fine with it either way. If it's going to happen though, it needs to happen now. It really needed to happen last gen or even 2 gens ago. The longer it takes, the less likely it seems to get, because it will involve more and more retconning. It would be stupid to say the window will ever completely close, but after this gen I feel like it's getting pretty **** narrow.
---
I summoned a baby to attract a lion. It didn't seem to work, so I tried a delicious baby.
Regular baby ATE delicious baby. Horror....horror.~Gameplayingperson