This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm pretty sure Sylveon IS flying type now..

#141DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/17/2013 5:34:33 PM
http://www.serebii.net/hidden/sylveon.jpg

Flying type

How so?
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#142SOLDIER_BankaiPosted 4/17/2013 5:37:50 PM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...

Flying type

How so?

In the pic, most of the Eeveelutions' designs around them are indicative of their type. Sylveon's has a wing.

But it's also shaped like an egg... >_>
#143Arne83Posted 4/17/2013 5:38:36 PM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...

Flying type

How so?

There's a shape under it that looks like a stylized wing. Could point towards it being a flying type.
---
Let's just pretend this says something witty.
#144DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/18/2013 12:25:05 AM
Fairy wing.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#145MightyRevenantPosted 4/18/2013 12:33:21 AM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Fairy wing.

Wing.
---
Official Eviolite of the pretentious Pokemon fanbase on GameFAQs.
#146DoctorJimmy133Posted 4/18/2013 1:09:51 AM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
Fairy wing.

Wing.

My point is everything is much more in line with Sylveon being a fairy thing than a Flying-type. It most likely won't be both because the Flying-type does not exemplify "Fairy", which is what is evidenced the most, from the names to the appearance to the singing a spell. You can argue that Flying fits better than any other type, but Eeveelutions don't just go for the closest thing.

Which is not to mention that the inside pattern is probably useless because with the other Eeveelutions, it's the outside edge that demonstrates the type.
---
#147MightyRevenantPosted 4/18/2013 1:26:15 AM
DoctorJimmy133 posted...
My point is everything is much more in line with Sylveon being a fairy thing than a Flying-type. It most likely won't be both because the Flying-type does not exemplify "Fairy", which is what is evidenced the most, from the names to the appearance to the singing a spell. You can argue that Flying fits better than any other type, but Eeveelutions don't just go for the closest thing.

Which is not to mention that the inside pattern is probably useless because with the other Eeveelutions, it's the outside edge that demonstrates the type.

I'll have to admit that's some solid reasoning.

But in the end, there is no 'evidence' for any type before its speculation, was more what I was going for with that remark. There's things people can use to speculate. But, for example, a fairy wing could be considered just a wing by one person and a fairy wing by the other. That's why I usually don't argue about stuff like a Pokémon's typing. Nobody knows it for certain and nobody will know for certain until it's revealed.
---
#148jayman7Posted 4/18/2013 1:29:03 AM(edited)
MightyRevenant posted...
But in the end, there is no 'evidence' for any type

There is evidence - for multiple different types, in fact. That's where the arguments are coming from.

What we lack is proof.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#149MightyRevenantPosted 4/18/2013 1:32:31 AM
jayman7 posted...
MightyRevenant posted...
But in the end, there is no 'evidence' for any type

There is evidence - for multiple different types, in fact. That's where the arguments are coming from.

What we lack is proof.

I guess I got evidence and proof mixed up, then. But my point is still that simply nobody knows 'for sure' (you can be extremely convinced of it being a Flying-type, but what if it's something entirely out of the blue like a Plastic-type?) the ensuing arguments end up doing nothing but riling the less mature people up. It's just wishful speculation out of impatience.
---
#150EmeraldRangePosted 4/18/2013 1:35:10 AM
Please God , don't let there be a plastic type.
---
I don't like the new pokemon from Gen V and VI
"New is not a synonym of better" -wonder if it's been said before