This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope they remix the 8-bit 'mon's cries this time.

#1DeathSoul2000Posted 3/7/2013 3:26:00 AM
Come on, enough is enough, time to ditch the chiptune sound effects and actually modernize them. Heck, i'd even be fine with just stadium's cries.
#2LightningAce11Posted 3/7/2013 3:28:12 AM
No
---
The bottom line is wrong
The top line is right
#3Pizzaman13Posted 3/7/2013 3:28:20 AM
Quite frankly, I agree.
---
"sometimes no matter how much we prepare, boats will sink and that is terrible."
Gen 5>4>3>2>1
#4SuperRup91Posted 3/7/2013 3:34:41 AM
at the very least, they should change the cries that are the same...like rhyhorn and charizard
#5DoctorJimmy133Posted 3/7/2013 3:34:56 AM
I agree. Some cries like Starmie and Porygon are fine, but there is no reason that Charizard should continue to have the same cry as Rhyhorn. There is no reason that Electabuzz should continue to have its unlistenable, excruciating cry. There is no reason that Gyarados should have a cry as pathetic-sounding as Magikarp's. And Pikachu? Its cry is… less than mascot-worthy.

Oh, nostalgia? Mkay.
---
Why do I have to move with the crowd of kids that hardly notice I'm around? I work myself to death just to fit in.
#6reaverzPosted 3/7/2013 3:48:57 AM
I hope so too, especially since several of the Gen I cries have this annoying feedback at the end of their cries due to compression (listen to Flareon's cry for an example of what I mean). It would be nice if GameFreak updated the older cries to be on par with current cries. As a rule, they need to follow the same "pattern" as their classic cry.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#7beebarbPosted 3/7/2013 3:50:37 AM
I'm all for them keeping the general 'sound' of the current cries, but those old 8-bit cries from the generation 1 and 2 Pokemon, are sounding more and more out of place with each new generation.

The remixes of the cries wouldn't be a problem, as it would be like someone remixing their favourite song, they would not dare ruin the general 'sound' of the original.

At least remixing double-ups so there is some subtle variation between the two cries is something I think we can all agree with.
---
We shall rise again to start anew.
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418 / White 2 FC: 4556-7836-2644
#8eimajamiePosted 3/7/2013 3:54:51 AM
I'm betting they stay the same.
---
Official Miror Scientist with his deadly Shadow Seviper!
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 3010 5914 8861
#9jayman7Posted 3/7/2013 3:58:26 AM
I've seen (and more notably, heard) videos of the Stadium cries and think they would fit in with the fourth- and fifth-gen cries just fine. Thing is, though, that since GameFreak didn't make the Stadium games, they may not be able to get the cries that easily (maybe why none of Genius Sonority's games used the Stadium cries? Legal issues are really tricky with this sort of thing...)
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere