This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will I Be Able to Transfer Pokemon from Pearl?

#1chunkyshtewPosted 3/7/2013 1:43:50 PM
Hi pokefriends, I'm considering pre-ordering this game but I haven't played a pokemon since Pearl. I put 400 hours into that game and have a pretty awesome poketeam. Do we know if we'll be abe to transfer our pokefamily over from previous generations? Thanks!!
#2Firelion6593Posted 3/7/2013 1:45:02 PM
You'll probably have to get a Gen 5 game. I doubt we'll be able transfer from Pearl straight to X or Y.
---
Cthulu Fhtagn
#3RX0megaPosted 3/7/2013 1:45:26 PM
We don't know yet. Practically nothing about this game besides the mascots, starters, and new Eeveelution have been revealed.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#4chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 1:48:01 PM
Firelion6593 posted...
You'll probably have to get a Gen 5 game. I doubt we'll be able transfer from Pearl straight to X or Y.

Thanks for the quick reply guys. Is a 5th gen game the white/black and white 2/black 2? If so, which would you recommend as being faster to beat in order to transfer over my pokefamily from pearl? What sort of time commitment would this be?
#5Firelion6593Posted 3/7/2013 1:49:16 PM
chunkyshtew posted...
Firelion6593 posted...

Thanks for the quick reply guys. Is a 5th gen game the white/black and white 2/black 2? If so, which would you recommend as being faster to beat in order to transfer over my pokefamily from pearl? What sort of time commitment would this be?

Yeah, Black/White/Black2/White2 are Gen 5.

As for the quickest, I'm not entirely sure which is quicker to beat. I can't imagine it topping 20 hours logged for any of them, though
---
Cthulu Fhtagn
#6chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 1:58:17 PM
Firelion6593 posted...
chunkyshtew posted...
Firelion6593 posted...

As for the quickest, I'm not entirely sure which is quicker to beat. I can't imagine it topping 20 hours logged for any of them, though

Ah bummer, 20 hours is still to long considering I'd only be playing it as a bridge to be able to transfer over my super pokemon. Hopefully I'm able to transfer direct.

Were the whites/balcks any good? I've played gen 1, 3, remake of gen 1, and gen 4. Gen 4 was my least favorite mainly due to bidoof and his derpy face, and how kiddish some of the pokemon were. Is gen 5 the gen where there is an ice cream cone pokemon?
#7chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 2:26:43 PM
Bump! Please see my question in above post.

Also, any teams out there recruiting someone with some seriously saucey surprising super sexy 4th gen pokemon? Team Alliteration perhaps?
#8Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 3/7/2013 2:41:39 PM
chunkyshtew posted...
Firelion6593 posted...
chunkyshtew posted...
Firelion6593 posted...

Ah bummer, 20 hours is still to long considering I'd only be playing it as a bridge to be able to transfer over my super pokemon. Hopefully I'm able to transfer direct.

Were the whites/balcks any good? I've played gen 1, 3, remake of gen 1, and gen 4. Gen 4 was my least favorite mainly due to bidoof and his derpy face, and how kiddish some of the pokemon were. Is gen 5 the gen where there is an ice cream cone pokemon?

Yeah it has a Ice Cream cone Poke. I recommend getting Black or White since it's much shorter than Black/White 2 as far as I played.
#9chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 2:56:44 PM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
chunkyshtew posted...
Firelion6593 posted...
chunkyshtew posted...
Firelion6593 posted...

Yeah it has a Ice Cream cone Poke. I recommend getting Black or White since it's much shorter than Black/White 2 as far as I played.

Thanks for the tip. Still doesn't seem to promising, I hope X/Y have better designs than 5th gen. I'd be embarassed to be caught playing that game with characters named/modeled after a ice cream cones, hotdog dogs, emo's/goth's and leaking bags of garbage.

Would you say playthrough time for white/black is 20 hours minimum if I wanted to just speed through to enable pokemon transferring?
#10OcarinaofToastPosted 3/7/2013 3:02:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HguElbK.png
---
I AM FENNEKIN!!! Official Shadow Fennekin of Team Miror Infinity Me: http://i.imgur.com/CT0sbuD.png
My Fursona: http://i.imgur.com/SlKSRpV.png