This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will I Be Able to Transfer Pokemon from Pearl?

#11chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 3:12:32 PM
OcarinaofToast posted...
http://i.imgur.com/HguElbK.png

Why would it be dumb to think that I could transfer pokemon from pokemon pearl to pokemon x/y? You can transfer from white/black to X/Y, and both pearl and white/black are DS titles.

I've never played white/black though, but if I had do in order to transfer my pokemon pearl to X/Y then I am wondering how much time I would be investing. Trying to decide if I should pre-order X/Y since Fire Emblem was impossible to find after it came out.
#12Firelion6593Posted 3/7/2013 3:15:41 PM
chunkyshtew posted...
Thanks for the tip. Still doesn't seem to promising, I hope X/Y have better designs than 5th gen. I'd be embarassed to be caught playing that game with characters named/modeled after a ice cream cones, hotdog dogs, emo's/goth's and leaking bags of garbage.

Would you say playthrough time for white/black is 20 hours minimum if I wanted to just speed through to enable pokemon transferring?

... First off, where is there a hot dog Pokemon? That'd be awesome.

Second off, you're already playing a game with sentient piles of sludge, magnets, Poke Balls, magma, etc.
---
Cthulu Fhtagn
#13OcarinaofToastPosted 3/7/2013 3:16:19 PM
chunkyshtew posted...
OcarinaofToast posted...
http://i.imgur.com/HguElbK.png

Why would it be dumb to think that I could transfer pokemon from pokemon pearl to pokemon x/y? You can transfer from white/black to X/Y, and both pearl and white/black are DS titles.

I've never played white/black though, but if I had do in order to transfer my pokemon pearl to X/Y then I am wondering how much time I would be investing. Trying to decide if I should pre-order X/Y since Fire Emblem was impossible to find after it came out.

Because you're being almost completely clueless to Gen 5 as a whole.
---
I AM FENNEKIN!!! Official Shadow Fennekin of Team Miror Infinity Me: http://i.imgur.com/CT0sbuD.png
My Fursona: http://i.imgur.com/SlKSRpV.png
#14jayman7Posted 3/7/2013 3:25:23 PM
My own personal opinion: despite lackluster starters, the fifth gen Pokemon include many of my favorite designs. And now not my opinion but simple fact: the fifth gen has more new Pokemon total than any previous generation.

If a tiny handful of Pokemon is what is going to ruin the gen for you, then as far as I'm concerned, either you're not giving the gen a fair chance or you're a troll.

Besides, we don't know how sixth-gen transfers are going to work. Maybe it will allow fourth-to-sixth gen transfers, in which case you won't need to worry your poor little self that you might be scarred for life seeing a single Pokemon family based on an ice cream cone. 9_9
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#15chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 3:28:23 PM
Firelion6593 posted...
chunkyshtew posted...
Thanks for the tip. Still doesn't seem to promising, I hope X/Y have better designs than 5th gen. I'd be embarassed to be caught playing that game with characters named/modeled after a ice cream cones, hotdog dogs, emo's/goth's and leaking bags of garbage.

Would you say playthrough time for white/black is 20 hours minimum if I wanted to just speed through to enable pokemon transferring?

Second off, you're already playing a game with sentient piles of sludge, magnets, Poke Balls, magma, etc.

I haven't played 5th gen but I'm just talking about what I've heard, I remember reading about an ice cream cone, hot dog, goths, etc. The first gen were very creative, even caterpie/weedle are great examples of contrasting designs with logical evolutions. Grimer/Muk, magnemite/magneton, voltorb/electrode, magmar, etc. were creative designs and really can't be compared to a talking ice cream cone named vanillite. I just googled in 5th gen there's a helmet pokemon named Shelmet, a duck pokemon named Ducklett, a fungus pokemon named Foongus, a girder pokemon named Gurrdurr, etc...

Granted, the first gen and others did have flaws in that sense. Seal comes to mind. But when you look at the generation as a whole, the creativity and designs were a lot better in my opinion. Even Seal became Dewgong, which is different and interesting, compared to a vanilla ice cream cone pokemon named Vanillite that evolves into a generic looking Vanillish.
#16chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 3:32:23 PM
jayman7 posted...
My own personal opinion: despite lackluster starters, the fifth gen Pokemon include many of my favorite designs. And now not my opinion but simple fact: the fifth gen has more new Pokemon total than any previous generation.

If a tiny handful of Pokemon is what is going to ruin the gen for you, then as far as I'm concerned, either you're not giving the gen a fair chance or you're a troll.

Besides, we don't know how sixth-gen transfers are going to work. Maybe it will allow fourth-to-sixth gen transfers, in which case you won't need to worry your poor little self that you might be scarred for life seeing a single Pokemon family based on an ice cream cone. 9_9

No need to be rude, I haven't made any derogatory posts towards you and would appreciate if you didn't either. I'm just posting a question and sharing my thoughts.

I do appreciate the feedback though, what are some of your favorite designs from teh 5th gen? I'd be interested in seeing them, since it's mostly the less interesting ones that get the publicity.
#17jayman7Posted 3/7/2013 3:32:34 PM
chunkyshtew posted...
Grimer/Muk, magnemite/magneton, voltorb/electrode, magmar, etc. were creative designs and really can't be compared to a talking ice cream cone named vanillite. I just googled in 5th gen there's a helmet pokemon named Shelmet, a duck pokemon named Ducklett, a fungus pokemon named Foongus, a girder pokemon named Gurrdurr, etc...

And troll confirmed.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#18EnferolunosPosted 3/7/2013 3:35:04 PM
chunkyshtew posted...
Firelion6593 posted...
chunkyshtew posted...

I haven't played 5th gen but I'm just talking about what I've heard, I remember reading about an ice cream cone, hot dog, goths, etc. The first gen were very creative, even caterpie/weedle are great examples of contrasting designs with logical evolutions. Grimer/Muk, magnemite/magneton, voltorb/electrode, magmar, etc. were creative designs and really can't be compared to a talking ice cream cone named vanillite. I just googled in 5th gen there's a helmet pokemon named Shelmet, a duck pokemon named Ducklett, a fungus pokemon named Foongus, a girder pokemon named Gurrdurr, etc...

Granted, the first gen and others did have flaws in that sense. Seal comes to mind. But when you look at the generation as a whole, the creativity and designs were a lot better in my opinion. Even Seal became Dewgong, which is different and interesting, compared to a vanilla ice cream cone pokemon named Vanillite that evolves into a generic looking Vanillish.

I'm sorry, how are muk/grimer or magneton/magnemite or voltorb/electrode creative compared to an ice cream cone? Mind you, I don't like the ice cream cone, but I don't like the others I listed either. Saying that the ice cream cone is less creative is hardcore nostalgia goggles. You criticize a duck named ducklett, a fungus named foongus, and a girder-carrying pokemon named gurrdurr, but say seel is okay? You're being very hypocritical. There are very bad pokemon in gen 5. There are very good pokemon in gen 1. But there are also very good pokemon in gen 5 and very bad pokemon in gen 1. Just because there are a few bad pokemon isn't a reason to dislike a gen.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#19MugilokoPosted 3/7/2013 3:35:25 PM
There's a magnet named Magnemite.
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#20Firelion6593Posted 3/7/2013 3:35:55 PM
jayman7 posted...
And troll confirmed.

This.
---
Cthulu Fhtagn