This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will I Be Able to Transfer Pokemon from Pearl?

#21EnferolunosPosted 3/7/2013 2:37:29 PM
Firelion6593 posted...
jayman7 posted...
And troll confirmed.

This.

I know, but I can't help taking the bait :/
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#22chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 3:04:17 PM
Enferolunos posted...
chunkyshtew posted...
Firelion6593 posted...
chunkyshtew posted...
Thanks for the tip. Still doesn't seem to promising, I hope X/Y have better designs than 5th gen. I'd be embarassed to be caught playing that game with characters named/modeled after a ice cream cones, hotdog dogs, emo's/goth's and leaking bags of garbage.

Would you say playthrough time for white/black is 20 hours minimum if I wanted to just speed through to enable pokemon transferring?

... First off, where is there a hot dog Pokemon? That'd be awesome.

Second off, you're already playing a game with sentient piles of sludge, magnets, Poke Balls, magma, etc.

I haven't played 5th gen but I'm just talking about what I've heard, I remember reading about an ice cream cone, hot dog, goths, etc. The first gen were very creative, even caterpie/weedle are great examples of contrasting designs with logical evolutions. Grimer/Muk, magnemite/magneton, voltorb/electrode, magmar, etc. were creative designs and really can't be compared to a talking ice cream cone named vanillite. I just googled in 5th gen there's a helmet pokemon named Shelmet, a duck pokemon named Ducklett, a fungus pokemon named Foongus, a girder pokemon named Gurrdurr, etc...

Granted, the first gen and others did have flaws in that sense. Seal comes to mind. But when you look at the generation as a whole, the creativity and designs were a lot better in my opinion. Even Seal became Dewgong, which is different and interesting, compared to a vanilla ice cream cone pokemon named Vanillite that evolves into a generic looking Vanillish.

I'm sorry, how are muk/grimer or magneton/magnemite or voltorb/electrode creative compared to an ice cream cone? Mind you, I don't like the ice cream cone, but I don't like the others I listed either. Saying that the ice cream cone is less creative is hardcore nostalgia goggles. You criticize a duck named ducklett, a fungus named foongus, and a girder-carrying pokemon named gurrdurr, but say seel is okay? You're being very hypocritical. There are very bad pokemon in gen 5. There are very good pokemon in gen 1. But there are also very good pokemon in gen 5 and very bad pokemon in gen 1. Just because there are a few bad pokemon isn't a reason to dislike a gen.

You're taking what I said out of context. I said Seel wasn't ok, even less creative than the ice cream cone, but that his evolution was interesting compared to an ice cream cone becoming vanilitte/vanillish. I used seel as an example that each gen had pokemon that are uninspired.

Like someone else mentioned though, I've probably only heard about the less interesting pokemon because those are the ones someone unfamiliar with 5th gen like myself hears about online. Like you mentioned, there are many great designs in the 5th gen that I don't know of. Why not just share a couple of the interesting ones with me instead of twisting my words, calling me a hypocrite, etc? I am very interested in seeing them, especially if I end up having to play white/black!

Just to re-iterate, preferablly I would like to transfer my pokemon from pearl directly to X/Y to save time. If that's not possible, I may have to play 5th gen white/black to transfer to that game. I have been uninterested in white/black due to the poor pokemon designs I've heard about, but as it seems I've been missinformed. I'm curious how long a white/black playthrough would take. I'm not trying to start fights, arguments, etc. Any help is appreciated :)
#23ThatKippPosted 3/7/2013 3:07:23 PM
OcarinaofToast posted...
http://i.imgur.com/HguElbK.png

Why would it be dumb to think that I could transfer pokemon from pokemon pearl to pokemon x/y? You can transfer from white/black to X/Y, and both pearl and white/black are DS titles.

I've never played white/black though, but if I had do in order to transfer my pokemon pearl to X/Y then I am wondering how much time I would be investing. Trying to decide if I should pre-order X/Y since Fire Emblem was impossible to find after it came out.

It's Pokemon. They will ship a hundred billion copies of the game because they know it'll sell. They didn't ship as much for Fire Emblem Awakening because they weren't sure how it'd sell.
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X board+Only member of my one-man team
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#24chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 3:09:26 PM
ThatKipp posted...
OcarinaofToast posted...
http://i.imgur.com/HguElbK.png

Why would it be dumb to think that I could transfer pokemon from pokemon pearl to pokemon x/y? You can transfer from white/black to X/Y, and both pearl and white/black are DS titles.

I've never played white/black though, but if I had do in order to transfer my pokemon pearl to X/Y then I am wondering how much time I would be investing. Trying to decide if I should pre-order X/Y since Fire Emblem was impossible to find after it came out.

It's Pokemon. They will ship a hundred billion copies of the game because they know it'll sell. They didn't ship as much for Fire Emblem Awakening because they weren't sure how it'd sell.

Definitely. Just don't want the same thing to happen if I do decide to get Pokemon X/Y so I'll pre-order to be safe. I bought my 3DS just for Fire Emblem Awakening and had to spend 2 weeks searching and paying triple the games value since I didn't preorder.
#25EnferolunosPosted 3/7/2013 3:11:48 PM
chunkyshtew posted...
You're taking what I said out of context. I said Seel wasn't ok, even less creative than the ice cream cone, but that his evolution was interesting compared to an ice cream cone becoming vanilitte/vanillish. I used seel as an example that each gen had pokemon that are uninspired.

Like someone else mentioned though, I've probably only heard about the less interesting pokemon because those are the ones someone unfamiliar with 5th gen like myself hears about online. Like you mentioned, there are many great designs in the 5th gen that I don't know of. Why not just share a couple of the interesting ones with me instead of twisting my words, calling me a hypocrite, etc? I am very interested in seeing them, especially if I end up having to play white/black!

Just to re-iterate, preferablly I would like to transfer my pokemon from pearl directly to X/Y to save time. If that's not possible, I may have to play 5th gen white/black to transfer to that game. I have been uninterested in white/black due to the poor pokemon designs I've heard about, but as it seems I've been missinformed. I'm curious how long a white/black playthrough would take. I'm not trying to start fights, arguments, etc. Any help is appreciated :)

Dewgong isn't creative.
It's a dugong.

Anyway, take a look for yourself
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Generation_V_Pok%C3%A9mon
But personally, I think Scolipede, Archeops, Ferrothorn, Volcarona, Galvantula, Maractus, and Chandelure are pretty cool, just to name a few
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
#26EnferolunosPosted 3/7/2013 3:14:21 PM
And my question is, if you heard the pokemon designs were bad, why not check yourself? Why take people's very subjective opinions seriously?
---
#27chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 3:23:44 PM
Enferolunos posted...
chunkyshtew posted...

Dewgong isn't creative.
It's a dugong.

Anyway, take a look for yourself
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Generation_V_Pok%C3%A9mon
But personally, I think Scolipede, Archeops, Ferrothorn, Volcarona, Galvantula, Maractus, and Chandelure are pretty cool, just to name a few

Thanks man, didn't mean to come across the wrong way. Volcarona is my favorite of those and Maractus is definitely a step up from Cacturne. Not a fan of the last one but these are great examples of some cool 5th gen pokemon.

As for why I didn't look too much into 5th gen, I was a little burnt out from my 400hr playthrough/team training in Pearl. I couldn't get the online battle feature working so I felt like I'd wasted a lot of time. I stopped playing my DS after that.

A few years have past, but a couple weeks ago I got a 3DS for Fire Emblem Awakening because I'm a fan of the series and have been doing a ton of travelling lately. I heard that you can transfer pokemon from pearl to white/black, so was curious if I could do the same for for pearl to X/Y. I guess I'll wait to see what they announce closer to October to decide if I get X/Y or white/black. Thanks for the respectful response though, much appreciated.
#28EnferolunosPosted 3/7/2013 3:25:58 PM
Yeah, sorry about my rude responses earlier, I just got the wrong impression. Glad to see you like some of those :)
---
#29chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 3:25:59 PM
Enferolunos posted...
And my question is, if you heard the pokemon designs were bad, why not check yourself? Why take people's very subjective opinions seriously?

Answered this in my above post, but I just noticed your sig. I have a Skarmory on my team, can't remember what I EV trained it for but I agree that Skarmory is pretty beastly ;)
#30FryDays5000Posted 3/7/2013 3:33:35 PM(edited)
Get Black/White's sequel instead of the first. It has add on 3Ds feature(Dream Radar) and basically what the first should've been in a long time. The features is optional though but since you own a 3DS you'll be able to try it out :)
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076