This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will I Be Able to Transfer Pokemon from Pearl?

#31chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 3:36:39 PM
FryDays5000 posted...
Get Black/White's sequel instead of the first. It has add on 3Ds feature(Dream Radar) and basically what the first should've been in a long time. The features is optional though but since you own a 3DS you'll be able to try it out :)

What is the Dream Radar exactly? And is white/black 2 longer to playthrough than white/black? I'd probably want to just push through quickly if I had to just so I could transfer my pearl pokemon to X/Y, but I guess I'd want to have fun at the same time. So if Dream Radar adds to the enjoyment I guess White/Black 2 may be the better option
#32DoctorPain99Posted 3/7/2013 3:39:32 PM
The gameplay is a lot better than in Sinnoh. Diamond and Pearl aren't much better than another generic Pokémon game. Black and White offer a better, more in-depth plot, more interesting gyms and routes, and more interesting characters.
---
I was a casual gamer. Then I played Stone Tower Temple.
#33DoctorPain99Posted 3/7/2013 3:40:36 PM
chunkyshtew posted...
FryDays5000 posted...
Get Black/White's sequel instead of the first. It has add on 3Ds feature(Dream Radar) and basically what the first should've been in a long time. The features is optional though but since you own a 3DS you'll be able to try it out :)

What is the Dream Radar exactly? And is white/black 2 longer to playthrough than white/black? I'd probably want to just push through quickly if I had to just so I could transfer my pearl pokemon to X/Y, but I guess I'd want to have fun at the same time. So if Dream Radar adds to the enjoyment I guess White/Black 2 may be the better option

The dream Radar is kinda dumb, but if you want the Pokémon you can get from it, I'd say it's worth it. It's mostly using the 3DS camera to shoot little dots.
---
#34EnferolunosPosted 3/7/2013 3:41:38 PM
chunkyshtew posted...
FryDays5000 posted...

Dream radar is not really worth it, depending on what you want. It's a $3 app for 3DS that allows you to catch a few species of Pokemon, including special forms of one of the legendary trios. It also provides good items. It's not a bad app, but it's not something you'd want. BW are probably shorter than BW2, but if you want to have fun with it, not just blaze through it, I might suggest BW2.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#35chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 3:44:31 PM
wow, great feedback. Thanks guys. Final question: Is black/white 2 a stand alone game, or will I be pretty confused story wise having not played the first black/white?
#36DoctorPain99Posted 3/7/2013 3:48:34 PM
chunkyshtew posted...
wow, great feedback. Thanks guys. Final question: Is black/white 2 a stand alone game, or will I be pretty confused story wise having not played the first black/white?

It has a stand-alone story and a complete experience, but the back-story might cause some gaps. Depends on how much you care about story.
---
#37DoctorPain99Posted 3/7/2013 3:50:19 PM
Just as a personal opinion: I like the gameplay of the first black and white better, but Black and White 2 have a lot more Pokémon available in them.
---
#38FryDays5000Posted 3/7/2013 3:55:02 PM
chunkyshtew posted...

It references a very few mentioned events from the first, but the rest its completely standalone so you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Whats the big rush btw TC? You only have 7 months till these games come in stores so why can't you spend those months in the full Gen 5 experience?
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076
#39chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 4:00:32 PM
FryDays5000 posted...
chunkyshtew posted...

It references a very few mentioned events from the first, but the rest its completely standalone so you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Whats the big rush btw TC? You only have 7 months till these games come in stores so why can't you spend those months in the full Gen 5 experience?

I don't have much free time, I really only get to play when I travel but I have fire emblem awakening to keep me busy, as well as my vita, until pokemon X/Y does come out if I decide to get it. The biggest reason I'd get it though is to be able to finally use the battle team I put 400 hours into making on Pearl, by transfering directly to X/Y or through white/black if necessary
#40chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 4:02:22 PM
Also thanks for the help DoctorPain and Enferolunos, sounds like if I do have to decide I'll probably go with white/black since it would simply be a way for me to transfer my team to X/Y.