This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

True of False: You're not a real pokemon fan unless you love the first game

#1Fritz0x8Posted 3/7/2013 5:01:09 PM
Answer: True

At the bare core of all these try hard pokemon games lives a glimer of hope. That hope is the basic RPG elements that definded the monster battle genre.

I'm not trying to get on my high horse like some of these ironic pokemon fans, but damn it if I'm not trying. Pokemon used to mean something, and now it's simply is not sure what it's trying to be anymore. Keep the core alive, Nintendo.

If you honestly cannot accept the fact that the orignial games are works of art, then I don't consider you a pokemon fan and you really have to learn to show some respect to the god father of gaming.

No more hate on what made us great.
---
~~Pro Gamer~~Web Comic Artist~~Singer~~Model~~Famous~
http://sheapered.blogspot.com/
#2MetaFalconPunchPosted 3/7/2013 5:02:12 PM
Fritz0x8 posted...

At the bare core of all these try hard pokemon games lives a glimer of hope. That hope is the basic RPG elements that definded the monster battle genre.

I'm not trying to get on my high horse like some of these ironic pokemon fans, but damn it if I'm not trying. Pokemon used to mean something, and now it's simply is not sure what it's trying to be anymore. Keep the core alive, Nintendo.

If you honestly cannot accept the fact that the orignial games are works of art, then I don't consider you a pokemon fan and you really have to learn to show some respect to the god father of gaming.

Yeah...do you have any idea how badly you just screwed yourself over by making this topic?
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
Shadow Jolteon of Team Miror Infinity
#3OcarinaofToastPosted 3/7/2013 5:03:07 PM
lol fritz topic.
---
I AM FENNEKIN!!! Official Shadow Fennekin of Team Miror Infinity Me: http://i.imgur.com/CT0sbuD.png
My Fursona: http://i.imgur.com/SlKSRpV.png
#4TherianReturnsPosted 3/7/2013 5:03:18 PM
I am the only true Pokemon fan, so this topic is pointless.
---
Legend of Gamefaqs - TherianReturns. The only true Pokemon fan.
#5Firelion6593Posted 3/7/2013 5:03:46 PM
Fritz0x8 posted...

So it's not trying to be a game about getting badges, beating bad guys, collecting them all, and playing with other people?

Coulda fooled me.
---
Cthulu Fhtagn
#6Gsus_94Posted 3/7/2013 5:03:56 PM
Answer: False

That being said, I still love the first gen. I love all gens. Some more than others, but I still love all of them.
---
Black FC: 4470 3989 3640
White 2 FC: 1979 7990 6311 (Use this one unless specified)
#7WilhuffTarkinPosted 3/7/2013 5:04:10 PM
fritztopic/10 and all, but he IS right that the originals are classics and works of art.
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#8DoctorPain99Posted 3/7/2013 5:05:24 PM
Fritz0x8 posted...

False. A true Pokémon fan is one who sticks with the games past the original ones, no matter what direction the series takes.

Red and Blue were revolutionary for their time. They just don't meet today's standards. They have a strong place in gaming history, and I acknowledge that. But am I not a true Pokémon fan because I see that they haven't aged well? No. I'm a true Pokémon fan because I like the newer games and have stuck with Pokémon even when many haven't.
---
I was a casual gamer. Then I played Stone Tower Temple.
#9AuroraSonicBeamPosted 3/7/2013 5:05:35 PM
OcarinaofToast posted...
lol fritz topic.

---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#10Pendragon71037Posted 3/7/2013 5:07:23 PM
Topic title has a typo I believe, either that or an oxymoron.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Official Torterra of the White 2 board.