This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else have an issue with Magnezone?

#1iKhanicPosted 3/7/2013 8:00:10 PM
I always see so much love for Magnezone, but honestly, I don't get why people love it so much (aside from it's competitive use). IMO, it sort of messed up the theme the whole Magnemite line had going, with 3 Magnemites making up a Magneton. I'd have preferred to have seen something like a congolmeration of magnemites, or maybe a square of magnemites with a circle of electricity inside them. Did anyone else think this?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2WilhuffTarkinPosted 3/7/2013 8:01:28 PM
Nah. I'm cool with Magnezone.
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#3Pizzaman13Posted 3/7/2013 8:01:36 PM
Hahaha no.
---
"sometimes no matter how much we prepare, boats will sink and that is terrible."
Gen 5>4>3>2>1
#4endergamer537Posted 3/7/2013 8:02:31 PM
Sorry, but no. I like Magnezone the way it is. Plus if it was a mass of Magnemites, it would be more material for people to say, "Lol lol GameFreak is running out of good ideas"
---
Official Miror Infinity Leader with his Forretress
Join the conquest for Shadow Pokemon today!
#5RunebogglePosted 3/7/2013 8:02:59 PM
Magnezone is three Magnemite, one of which has grown to disproportionate size due to an increase in magnetism.

And it looks like an awesome UFO.
---
Si || It is better to grab at the stars than to sit flustered because you know you cannot reach them.
#6UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/7/2013 8:06:49 PM
Magneton was just pure laziness. I'm fine with Magnezone.
---
"As I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother ****er in the goddamn valley!"
#7iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 8:06:56 PM
endergamer537 posted...
Sorry, but no. I like Magnezone the way it is. Plus if it was a mass of Magnemites, it would be more material for people to say, "Lol lol GameFreak is running out of good ideas"

See, I think most of the people saying GameFreak is running out of ideas are genwunners who say Seel is a super creative pokemon but Klinklang shows they are out of ideas. In reality I think a lot of genwunners think like I do in preferring the more simple designs of gens 1-most of 3 rather than the more complex and overly ornate designs of gens some of 3-5.

In other words, I don't think that's the case at all. I think people would think less like that because the people who complain GF has run out of ideas like simpler designs.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#8FuneralCakePosted 3/7/2013 8:06:58 PM
Magneton is very lazy design wise, though it makes more sense conceptually than Dugtrio. Doing something like a clusterf*** of Magnemites or whatever else is even worse than Magneton.

Still, Magnezone is much better designed, and one of my favorites from gen 4. I made a 3D model of it for one of my classes, even.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i've got too many devils
#9LexifoxPosted 3/7/2013 8:08:30 PM
It continues the theme that Magneton started by going from a single Magnemite, to a bunch of Magnemite attached together, to a bunch of Magnemite literally fused together to form a larger, single entity.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#10FryDays5000Posted 3/7/2013 8:11:04 PM
No times infinity. A UFO magnet?! Heck yes!
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076