This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The worst part about each Pokemon game is the beginning.

#11gogetasrevengePosted 3/8/2013 9:41:50 AM
Well, honestly the beginning is bearable.

It's the inevitable level grinding about halfway through the game that make me want to craft a shard made of Abomasnows ice and stab myself in the face repeatedly until I lose the ability to continue to do such a thing.
---
Don't Believe what they told you as a child, Humpty Dumpty was Pushed!
#12iron_defense(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 11:02:01 AM
Sometimes when you say yes about something, they STILL EXPLAIN IT!
---
I think it's only fair that we throw monopoly money at strippers with fake boobs.
#13AlphaDiamondPosted 3/8/2013 11:55:35 AM
iron_defense posted...

yeah, i remember it in G/S/HG/SS, when you get the pokegear and mom says "do you know how to use the phone?", you say yes, and she still explains how to use it, xD

as i see it, being true that they could make the tutorial optional, i think it is also part of the story. you start as a new trainer, who doesn't know anything about pokemon, so people around you have to tell you the basics, even though the player already knows that stuff

if not, then how would that situation be? "i'm going to start my new adventure, i'm a completely new trainer... don't worry, professor, i don't need explanations, i already know all those things"... it would be weird...

yeah, in card games there is an optional tutorial, but you usually controls a character who was already playing the card game, so there is not a mix between tutorial and story
#14NessEggmanPosted 3/8/2013 12:02:02 PM
AlphaDiamond posted...
iron_defense posted...

yeah, i remember it in G/S/HG/SS, when you get the pokegear and mom says "do you know how to use the phone?", you say yes, and she still explains how to use it, xD

as i see it, being true that they could make the tutorial optional, i think it is also part of the story. you start as a new trainer, who doesn't know anything about pokemon, so people around you have to tell you the basics, even though the player already knows that stuff

if not, then how would that situation be? "i'm going to start my new adventure, i'm a completely new trainer... don't worry, professor, i don't need explanations, i already know all those things"... it would be weird...

yeah, in card games there is an optional tutorial, but you usually controls a character who was already playing the card game, so there is not a mix between tutorial and story

Yeah, this is the hardest part about a skippable tutorial in Pokemon. It's integrated into the quest. It makes sense for them to explain catching Pokemon because your character has never done it before.

And usually it's integrated into what you're doing in the game already so I think it's no big deal... it's like... you have to go get your first Pokemon anyway... you have to travel to the first town anyway... who cares if there are a few extra lines of tutorial each time someone speaks along the way? They go by fast enough... take those out and you'd still have all the rest of the text and walking around to do anyway.
---
http://reddragonranch.blogspot.com
The Legend of Red Dragon Ranch - KICKSTARTER now LIVE!!
#15snacktimeguyPosted 3/8/2013 12:26:20 PM
My least favorite part is teaching a Pokemon cut
---
Black 2 FC: 4556-8058-7693
#16J-Don-BonnePosted 3/8/2013 12:38:05 PM
snacktimeguy posted...
My least favorite part is teaching a Pokemon cut

O sweet mother of God, THIS!!!
---
Official Spike of the PSASBR Board
PSN: FrossToad Big fan of Marceline the Vampire Queen.
#17DarkKirby2500Posted 3/8/2013 12:39:46 PM
The worst part about each Pokemon game is IVs.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#18hawkeye2188Posted 3/8/2013 12:42:29 PM
I dont mind it, I do agree with having two modes though so you can by pass it.
---
GT: hawkeye2188
#19gladwyn101Posted 3/8/2013 12:47:37 PM
They did have something at the beginning of LG/FR for beginners and experts.
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon