This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people want Charizard to be a dragon type so badly?

#11WilhuffTarkinPosted 3/8/2013 4:20:27 PM(edited)
mondrae205 posted...
WilhuffTarkin posted...
Because Charizard was their favorite Pokémon back in Gen 1 because "Oh look a DRAGON!" And then when it turned out there was an actual Dragon type and Charizard didn't get it, they became incredibly insecure about their budding fanboyism. That insecurity has blossomed in the time since into something absolutely ridiculous.

That's all it is too: fanboyism. Don't give me this nonsense about "because it would make Charizard a better competitive Pokémon." I don't see any of those people whining about how bad a poke like Unown is competitively and asking for it to be changed for better competitive play. They care about Charizard and Charizard alone. Fanboys. "Gamefreak should really fix Charizard and make it part Dragon." BS. It's not like Charizard was meant to be a dragon and GF messed it up and they need to "fix" what they messed up. Charizard was intended as Fire/Flying, and that's what it is, and no amount of insecure fanboy crying is going to change that.

When I read your post, all I saw was hate, don't hate so much. Its bad for you.

You can say what you will. *shrug* Whether you're willing to actually acknowledge the content of my post or not doesn't make it any less true.

And so that we don't end up trolling each other here, let me just say that I'm not hating or trying to be angry at all. Just calling it the way I see it is all. It was a strongly worded post, but no ill-will intended on my part. :)
---
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances.
#12mondrae205Posted 3/8/2013 5:10:49 PM
strongly worded stuff sounds mean. thats what the text does and why its so easy to start a flame war.

on topic: because they think it would be awesome.
---
Congratulations, random chance is random and based on chance -Naucitos
#13PirateKing290Posted 3/8/2013 5:13:21 PM
WilhuffTarkin posted...
Because Charizard was their favorite Pokémon back in Gen 1 because "Oh look a DRAGON!" And then when it turned out there was an actual Dragon type and Charizard didn't get it, they became incredibly insecure about their budding fanboyism. That insecurity has blossomed in the time since into something absolutely ridiculous.

That's all it is too: fanboyism. Don't give me this nonsense about "because it would make Charizard a better competitive Pokémon." I don't see any of those people whining about how bad a poke like Unown is competitively and asking for it to be changed for better competitive play. They care about Charizard and Charizard alone. Fanboys. "Gamefreak should really fix Charizard and make it part Dragon." BS. It's not like Charizard was meant to be a dragon and GF messed it up and they need to "fix" what they messed up. Charizard was intended as Fire/Flying, and that's what it is, and no amount of insecure fanboy crying is going to change that.

Honestly, well said.
---
PSN: Weeeler
A strategic RPG with all your favorite characters :http://w11.zetaboards.com/Binded_Battle/index/
#14DarkKirby2500Posted 3/8/2013 5:34:04 PM
TC, if you're not aware, Dragon Type is OP and is one of the best types in the game.

Next to Steel, Ground, Fighting, etc.
---
1. The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. 2. They're all complacent sheeple.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#15ExcIusivity69Posted 3/8/2013 6:12:37 PM
assassinCrash posted...
Let's pretend the games didn't exist.

If the games don't exist, then how does Pokemon exist?
---
When did "casual player" become an insult? -Taizuku
The real question is "When did hardcore gamer become a compliment/aspiration?" -JMBoote
#16WallydraiglePosted 3/8/2013 7:32:31 PM
ExcIusivity69 posted...
assassinCrash posted...
Let's pretend the games didn't exist.

If the games don't exist, then how does Pokemon exist?

In the hearts of all the children.
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.