This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If a pokemon gets Shadow Tag and Perish Song, would it be broken?

#1iKhanicPosted 3/9/2013 2:25:22 AM
I'd say so, but I'm not a competitive player.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2LightningAce11Posted 3/9/2013 2:28:31 AM
There are pokemon like that. People use perish song, then switch into gothitelle or wobbuffet with shadow tag.

This guy used entrainment, I got truant, he switched into dugtrio, protect, hone claws, repeat.

He destroyed me.
---
The bottom line is wrong
The top line is right
#3LexifoxPosted 3/9/2013 2:31:33 AM
No, because it would need to be able to survive long enough to endure the trapped Pokemon's attacks until Perish Song's effect kicked in.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#4Skyward_SneaselPosted 3/9/2013 2:46:56 AM
I use a Block + Perish Song Lapras. I also have a Mean Look + Perish Song Prankster Murkrow in development. It does get a lot of rage-quits though.

I also thought of a Soundproof + Perish Song hackmon with Mean Look, use a wall like Blissey, or Shuckle, or my personal preference of Umbreon.

It does work as a strategy, but it is seen as "gimmicky" and "unfair" (just a couple of the comments I have recieved before rage-quits or after battles from various opponents).
---
Ash Ketchum is a Timelord; he never ages!! That or a vampire...
Official Umbreon of the Eevee Corps *Evil Laugh*
#5iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 2:56:24 AM
Skyward_Sneasel posted...
I use a Block + Perish Song Lapras. I also have a Mean Look + Perish Song Prankster Murkrow in development. It does get a lot of rage-quits though.

I also thought of a Soundproof + Perish Song hackmon with Mean Look, use a wall like Blissey, or Shuckle, or my personal preference of Umbreon.

It does work as a strategy, but it is seen as "gimmicky" and "unfair" (just a couple of the comments I have recieved before rage-quits or after battles from various opponents).

I said Shadow Tag because I'm aware of the mean look strategy. That's why Misdreavus is one of my favorite Ghost types (Level-up access to Mean Look, Perish Song, and Pain Split is really nice.)
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#6Skyward_SneaselPosted 3/9/2013 3:09:51 AM
iKhanic posted...

I said Shadow Tag because I'm aware of the mean look strategy. That's why Misdreavus is one of my favorite Ghost types (Level-up access to Mean Look, Perish Song, and Pain Split is really nice.)

I knew there was something I forgot to mention!

Well Shadow Tag would mean you wouldn't have to wait a turn, which would be good. It'll probably go straight to OU if not banned as a combination, though. It depends on how it's used though; if the pokemon has better moves then it would be fine, or if it is not suited to the strategy (good attack/sp.attack, low defences/hp) then it would not be OP.

Of course, no matter what there will be people complaining it's broken because one person beats them using the strategy.
---
Ash Ketchum is a Timelord; he never ages!! That or a vampire...
Official Umbreon of the Eevee Corps *Evil Laugh*
#7Chandler014Posted 3/9/2013 6:42:14 AM
iKhanic posted...

I knew there was something I forgot to mention!

Well Shadow Tag would mean you wouldn't have to wait a turn, which would be good. It'll probably go straight to OU if not banned as a combination, though. It depends on how it's used though; if the pokemon has better moves then it would be fine, or if it is not suited to the strategy (good attack/sp.attack, low defences/hp) then it would not be OP.

Of course, no matter what there will be people complaining it's broken because one person beats them using the strategy.

Definitely broken. Now on an Important matter....Tableflip thinks you drowned on the Pokemon Fusion Topic.
---
Official Co-Leader and Supreme General of Team Miror Infinity.
Shadow Pokemon: Tyranitar.
#8Brandon00151Posted 3/9/2013 6:49:02 AM
Soundproof+ Perish Song