This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hidden Power's type should be shown in-game.

#1BurningFlareXPosted 3/9/2013 11:48:17 AM
Topic. - Results (99 votes)
Yes
83.84% (83 votes)
No.
16.16% (16 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I find it stupid you can't see your Pokemon's Hidden power on the movelist. The move could just show what type it is, instead of Normal, which is ironic, because the only type Hidden power CAN'T be is Normal. You can talk to some NPC's in order to learn it, but it's still too much a bother.
---
I hate everything.
#2karasu009Posted 3/9/2013 11:50:22 AM
Voted no.
---
I am the darkness, I am the dragon.
#3ThatKippPosted 3/9/2013 11:52:27 AM
Should you be able to see its base power too?
---
Official Zangoose of the Pokemon X board+Only member of my one-man team
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#4BurningFlareX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 11:53:18 AM
ThatKipp posted...
Should you be able to see its base power too?

...How the hell did I forget that...
---
I hate everything.
#5GaiamageXPosted 3/9/2013 11:55:06 AM(edited)
Revealing the type for Hidden Power doesn't go with the spirit of its name. Competitively, it would make sense and would make things convenient like revealing IVs and EVs, but from the perspective of being IN the Pokemon world as a trainer, those values were never intended or make sense to be exposed or obvious.
---
Final Fantasy XIII
- March 9, 2010 -
#6GaiamageXPosted 3/9/2013 11:58:24 AM
You know, I thought about it some more and I would be ok if those values were revealed through a key item that you receive after accomplishing some tremendous feat or even just beating the Elite four + Champion.
---
Final Fantasy XIII
- March 9, 2010 -
#712RougePosted 3/9/2013 12:29:25 PM
GaiamageX posted...
You know, I thought about it some more and I would be ok if those values were revealed through a key item that you receive after accomplishing some tremendous feat or even just beating the Elite four + Champion.

I say this would be a nice idea, for example, that guy who usually tells you the type of Hidden Power would just send you on a big quest, and once completed he'd hand you a key item that does just this.
---
There used to be something important and intelligent here, but I deleted it.
#8mustardpi314Posted 3/9/2013 12:41:04 PM
i'd rather there wasn't an NPC to reveal what type it is
but i'd like to know what its base power is
or to not have to guess what its base power is
---
Official Ninetales of the Pokemon X and Y boards
PokeDoc: http://tinyurl.com/mustardpi314
#9gladwyn101Posted 3/9/2013 12:43:02 PM
Yes. This is one of reasons I NEVER use Hidden Power. Because I have no idea what type or power it is and it's a pain to figure it out. At least shown a difference in animation that reveals the type when you use it.
---
Bazinga! *dives into ballpit*
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Shiny Umbreon
#10ClassyOldHatPosted 3/9/2013 12:49:24 PM
I still don't understand why the type, at the very least, is hidden on the battle screen. Considering that Hidden Power reveal-ers in the fifth generation were both available before you could possibly obtain the move (without trading), at this point, the only time the type is really "hidden" is if the player forgot it's type mid-battle.