This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best and worst Gen 4 evolutions.

#51Hero_Of_RhymePosted 3/11/2013 10:35:20 AM
Lickilicky has a cool design.
---
I am Team Galactic
http://i.imgur.com/WvefuGH.jpg?1
#52faruwayPosted 3/11/2013 10:43:44 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#53wind64aPosted 3/11/2013 10:45:53 AM
For me:
Best in no particular order:
Gallade
Togekiss
Gliscor
Weavile
Dusknoir
Magnezone
Frosslass
Mismagius
Roserade
Glaceon

Middling:
Leafeon
Rhyperior
Lickylicky
Yanmenga
Honchocrow

Worst:
Tangrowth
Magmortar (though I'm not particularly fond of Magmar either)
Probopass
---
Badge Case [Time Badge]
StrifeHart is my OTP. services performed at BSC: 2 Riley's Boyfriend on the Pokemon BW2 & X boards. W2 FC: 3783 7001 3142
#54Masenko86Posted 3/11/2013 10:46:13 AM
Hero_Of_Rhyme posted...

It's a fat majin buu reject. What could possibly be cool about that? Its hairdo (or whatever that thing is) looks retarded, and it basically looks like lickitung got stung by beedrill a few too many times. Don't even rush it to the ER. Just let that thing die
#55Hero_Of_RhymePosted 3/11/2013 10:53:11 AM(edited)
faruway posted...
@Masenko86

I didn't say 'Lickilicky is ugly' in any posts. I just wanna know why you hate Gliscor's design, that's all. I'm not angry or anything, just curious.

To me, Gliscor's design just looks bland. Its got spikes jetting out of its boobs for no reason and its wings aren't even attached to its arms (which makes no sense). Its eyes are lifeless and its colouring is stupid. Its head is stupidly shaped and overall, it's boring as hell to even look at. Really don't care for it.
---
I am Team Galactic
#56Hero_Of_RhymePosted 3/11/2013 10:52:11 AM
Masenko86 posted...
Hero_Of_Rhyme posted...

It's a fat majin buu reject. What could possibly be cool about that? Its hairdo (or whatever that thing is) looks retarded, and it basically looks like lickitung got stung by beedrill a few too many times. Don't even rush it to the ER. Just let that thing die

I like its design. It stays true to the old Lickitung design and it's not "busy" looking like most gen IV Pokes. It's simple and great.
---
I am Team Galactic
#57faruwayPosted 3/11/2013 10:57:52 AM(edited)
Hero_Of_Rhyme posted...
To me, Gliscor's design just looks bland. Its got spikes jetting out of his boobs for no reason and its wings aren't even attached to its arms (which makes no sense). Its eyes are lifeless and his colouring is stupid. Its head is stupidly shaped and overall its boring as hell to even look at. Really don't care for it.

You don't understand do you?

Read this...Taken from Bulbapedia

'Gliscor are large, mainly bluish-purple vampire bat-like Pokémon. In evolution, the Gligar's leg-like claws have become more defined as legs, with two toes and a slightly darker circular coloration on the underside, and its tail now has two barbs, as opposed to Gligar's one, giving its tail the resemblance of vampire's fangs. Its arms are red with thin striations, and have also become completely detached from its wings, which are now black in coloration. It has two large pincers. Gliscor's ears now have discernible, red-colored and apparently chambered ear insides, and its eyes are yellow. Gliscor appears much toothier than Gligar, having six visible fangs in its mouth instead of two, and its waist, like its arms, is red and striated. Gliscor's body resembles an open mouth, with the pointed protrusions coming from its upper torso appearing to be fangs, further illustrating its vampiric qualities.'

Do you understand now why Gliscor had all those features? He is based from a mixture of gargoyles, scorpion and vampire bats.
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571
#58Masenko86Posted 3/11/2013 11:00:23 AM
Hero_Of_Rhyme posted...
faruway posted...
@Masenko86

I didn't say 'Lickilicky is ugly' in any posts. I just wanna know why you hate Gliscor's design, that's all. I'm not angry or anything, just curious.

To me, Gliscor's design just looks bland. Its got spikes jetting out of its boobs for no reason and its wings aren't even attached to its arms (which makes no sense). Its eyes are lifeless and its colouring is stupid. Its head is stupidly shaped and overall, it's boring as hell to even look at. Really don't care for it.

Bland would be the overly simplistic look of lickilicky. At least gliscor has detail. And evolutions are supposed to look new and different from their prevolutions (and generally have more detail). I like the shiny sprite far better than the regular, as far as coloration goes, and the eyes are supposed to look lifeless. It's a vampire.
#59SP_WesPosted 3/11/2013 11:03:30 AM
Best:
LickyLicky
Electivire
Tangrowth
Magnezone
Honchcrow

Worst:
Rhyperior
Gliscor
Froslass
Glaceon
Gallade

Only Rhyperior really bugs me. Why take one of the best designs in the whole series and just... ruin it like that.

Gliscor isn't a terrible design, just one of the most annoying Pokemon out there. Froslass seems to stray too far from the original designs, Glaceon is the ugliest Evee, and Gallade is plain old boring. As a whole though, they're all okay.
---
"We have no loofas in the Palace of Wisdom" - John Morrison
#60faruwayPosted 3/11/2013 11:07:34 AM
Masenko86 posted...
Hero_Of_Rhyme posted...
faruway posted...
@Masenko86

Bland would be the overly simplistic look of lickilicky. At least gliscor has detail. And evolutions are supposed to look new and different from their prevolutions (and generally have more detail). I like the shiny sprite far better than the regular, as far as coloration goes, and the eyes are supposed to look lifeless. It's a vampire.

Btw, Masenko, that post of mine wasn't for you. It was for Hero of Rhyme. I mistook you for him hating Gliscor. :S
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571