This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best and worst Gen 4 evolutions.

#61faruwayPosted 3/11/2013 11:10:02 AM
SP_Wes posted...
Best:
LickyLicky
Electivire
Tangrowth
Magnezone
Honchcrow

Worst:
Rhyperior
Gliscor
Froslass
Glaceon
Gallade

Only Rhyperior really bugs me. Why take one of the best designs in the whole series and just... ruin it like that.

Gliscor isn't a terrible design, just one of the most annoying Pokemon out there. Froslass seems to stray too far from the original designs, Glaceon is the ugliest Evee, and Gallade is plain old boring. As a whole though, they're all okay.

Wait, what, Glaceon the ugliest Eeveelution?! You gotta be kidding.
---
Official GilgaPrishe's Spicy Hot Taco Buddy of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
WhiteFC: 2881 6954 3015, White2FC: 3740 8553 3571
#62LenneValkiryePosted 3/11/2013 11:11:23 AM
Best: Weavile and Mmaoswine

Worst: Probopass and Magmortar
#63Masenko86Posted 3/11/2013 11:11:31 AM
SP_Wes posted...
Best:
LickyLicky
Electivire
Tangrowth
Magnezone
Honchcrow

Worst:
Rhyperior
Gliscor
Froslass
Glaceon
Gallade

Only Rhyperior really bugs me. Why take one of the best designs in the whole series and just... ruin it like that.

Gliscor isn't a terrible design, just one of the most annoying Pokemon out there. Froslass seems to stray too far from the original designs, Glaceon is the ugliest Evee, and Gallade is plain old boring. As a whole though, they're all okay.

And glalie looks like snorunt? Glalie and froslass look closer to each other than anything else. Snorunt is ironically the misfit as far as looking different goes.
#64KillerMechanoidPosted 3/11/2013 11:13:46 AM
Dumbest part about Lickilicky's design?

Its tongue looks shorter than Lickitung's!
It's a pokemon that's based off licking and we'd probably expect a longer-looking tongue for its evo, but GF made it look shorter instead!
#65Masenko86Posted 3/11/2013 11:14:30 AM
KillerMechanoid posted...

It's a pokemon that's based off licking and we'd probably expect a longer-looking tongue for its evo, but GF made it look shorter instead!

Agreed!
#66LenneValkiryePosted 3/11/2013 11:14:39 AM
gamingrat posted...
Anything that Glaceon can do, Vaporeon did much better. I would have much rather seen the second new Eeveeloution for gen 4 be a dragon type

I'm sorry, I didn't know Vaporeon could spam Blizzard with 130 Sp.Atk.
#67Hero_Of_RhymePosted 3/11/2013 11:15:34 AM
Masenko86 posted...

Agreed!

Lickilicky has an area in his throat where he can store his tongue. That's where most of it is.
---
I am Team Galactic
http://i.imgur.com/WvefuGH.jpg?1
#68Masenko86Posted 3/11/2013 11:15:51 AM
faruway posted...
SP_Wes posted...
Best:
LickyLicky
Electivire
Tangrowth
Magnezone
Honchcrow

Worst:
Rhyperior
Gliscor
Froslass
Glaceon
Gallade

Wait, what, Glaceon the ugliest Eeveelution?! You gotta be kidding.

Exactly. Sylveon is. Clearly.
#69Masenko86Posted 3/11/2013 11:17:44 AM
faruway posted...
Masenko86 posted...
Hero_Of_Rhyme posted...
faruway posted...
@Masenko86

I didn't say 'Lickilicky is ugly' in any posts. I just wanna know why you hate Gliscor's design, that's all. I'm not angry or anything, just curious.

To me, Gliscor's design just looks bland. Its got spikes jetting out of its boobs for no reason and its wings aren't even attached to its arms (which makes no sense). Its eyes are lifeless and its colouring is stupid. Its head is stupidly shaped and overall, it's boring as hell to even look at. Really don't care for it.

Bland would be the overly simplistic look of lickilicky. At least gliscor has detail. And evolutions are supposed to look new and different from their prevolutions (and generally have more detail). I like the shiny sprite far better than the regular, as far as coloration goes, and the eyes are supposed to look lifeless. It's a vampire.

Btw, Masenko, that post of mine wasn't for you. It was for Hero of Rhyme. I mistook you for him hating Gliscor. :S

Haha i think i screwed up the quotes, it's cool
#70KillerMechanoidPosted 3/11/2013 11:18:59 AM
Hero_Of_Rhyme posted...
Masenko86 posted...

Agreed!

Lickilicky has an area in his throat where he can store his tongue. That's where most of it is.

That's why I said it looks shorter (even though it isn't). It only extends it briefly in its animation.