This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In terms of Mewtwo, Gen 1 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 2

#1ice_phoenix_Posted 3/10/2013 3:37:57 PM
Mewtwo began at his prime. Amnesia, a single Special stat, Speed reliant crit rate, Psychic having a 30% to lower Special, lack of any notable weakness whatsoever... Possibly one of the best Pokemon in any generation.

Then Gen 2 brought too much balance for the clone to bear. He got items to hold like Leftovers, but lost the coveted Special-boosting Amnesia. His best (and only, IIRC) offensive boosting move was.... Curse. Not exciting for a Pokemon with blistering Speed and an Attack not as godlike as it's Special Attack.

Gen 3 brought it Calm Mind, a half of the old Amnesia. This allowed it to work with it's Special stats once more. Not that many new moves for it to work with, but Mewtwo doesn't need them.

Gen 4 brought the physical special split, letting Mewtwo hone the special Shadow Ball and newly found Aura Sphere, which when together give perfect coverage. Priority users have run amok by this point, but Mewtwo was still a potent Pokemon.

Gen 5 brought an exclusive move to Mewtwo. Psystrike. Now he could rend those pesky special walls to pieces. Very few Pokemon could stand in it's path, getting closer to his former glory.

So, how do you think Gen 6 will affect Mewtwo?
---
~yay_meh~
I freeze people then I melt them into water and drink them. <3
#2MugilokoPosted 3/10/2013 3:40:06 PM
Amnesia will now raise Sp.Atk and Sp.Def by 3 stages
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#3ice_phoenix_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 3:41:57 PM
Mugiloko posted...
Amnesia will now raise Sp.Atk and Sp.Def by 3 stages

Mewtwo tier
---
~yay_meh~
I freeze people then I melt them into water and drink them. <3
#4MugilokoPosted 3/10/2013 3:43:09 PM
It's actually Mugiloko tier.
---
B1 FC:1807-8830-3725 "Squids are evil!" http://i.imgur.com/ayRpQlZ.png
Official Zoroark of the Pokemon XY board
#5MetaFalconPunchPosted 3/10/2013 3:45:35 PM
ice_phoenix_ posted...
Mewtwo began at his prime. Amnesia, a single Special stat, Speed reliant crit rate, Psychic having a 30% to lower Special, lack of any notable weakness whatsoever... Possibly one of the best Pokemon in any generation.

Then Gen 2 brought too much balance for the clone to bear. He got items to hold like Leftovers, but lost the coveted Special-boosting Amnesia. His best (and only, IIRC) offensive boosting move was.... Curse. Not exciting for a Pokemon with blistering Speed and an Attack not as godlike as it's Special Attack.

Gen 3 brought it Calm Mind, a half of the old Amnesia. This allowed it to work with it's Special stats once more. Not that many new moves for it to work with, but Mewtwo doesn't need them.

Gen 4 brought the physical special split, letting Mewtwo hone the special Shadow Ball and newly found Aura Sphere, which when together give perfect coverage. Priority users have run amok by this point, but Mewtwo was still a potent Pokemon.

Gen 5 brought an exclusive move to Mewtwo. Psystrike. Now he could rend those pesky special walls to pieces. Very few Pokemon could stand in it's path, getting closer to his former glory.

So, how do you think Gen 6 will affect Mewtwo?

It will make him worse than Gen 2 Mewtwo!!! (I wish...)
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
Shadow Jolteon of Team Miror Infinity
#6CarbideTitanPosted 3/10/2013 3:48:08 PM
An evolution
---
Call Kenny Loggins, cause you're in the Danger Zone
#7Mewtwo_soulPosted 3/10/2013 3:50:45 PM
I'm hoping a new mode or move as many have thought on.

A new mode that's more physical based would be interesting (with an overhauled movepool)
---
Ignoring sheep. Best solution on CoD boards.
#8MetaFalconPunchPosted 3/10/2013 4:31:35 PM
Mewtwo JUST got a signature move this gen! WHY does it need more "glory"? Why don't we give some other legendaries (heck, ANY POKEMON) something special!?!?!?!?!?!
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
Shadow Jolteon of Team Miror Infinity
#9Arcanine2009Posted 3/10/2013 5:25:21 PM(edited)
I agree completely. Though didn't Mewtwo learn shadowball in gen 2 via TM?
---
Nintendo Network ID: sselemanrm
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
#10CakeOfLiesPosted 3/10/2013 5:26:52 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
Mewtwo JUST got a signature move this gen! WHY does it need more "glory"? Why don't we give some other legendaries (heck, ANY POKEMON) something special!?!?!?!?!?!

Although I want Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza to get signature moves, Mewtwo gets wasted by half the things in Uber. I wouldn't mind a buff on him (it's not like anything will be better than Arceus anyway. A buff would make Mewtwo second place AT BEST).
---
http://i.imgur.com/K29ku1D.png
Hardest decisions ever: http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~msandbot/pokemon/blackwhite.html