This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which gen do you have a bias towards?

#11RedShadowwwPosted 3/11/2013 12:08:02 AM
Mine is gen 5 also.
#12iKhanicPosted 3/11/2013 12:08:49 AM
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#13EstheimasterPosted 3/11/2013 12:12:52 AM
Gen 1: First one, and the anime cemented some of my opinions about the Pokemon.

Gen 2: The gen where I feel like my Pokemon fandom blossomed

Gen 3: The gen where I first spent hundreds of hours in

Gen 4: The revolutionary gen that sparked online interaction.

Gen 5: Hated the Pokemon at first, but they all grew on me. The region itself is glorious.

Yeah, I have a bias towards all of them. I think my biggest bias is towards Gen IV, because the WiFi connectivity made the games remarkable, and I've clocked over 500 hours between Pearl, Platinum, and SS in it. Gen V merely improved upon Gen IV, but VI has the potential to surpass it. My favorite game to date is Pearl, despite Platinum being technically superior to it.
---
Official Bulbasaur of the Pokemon X boards.
#14gamezrochardPosted 3/11/2013 12:54:25 AM
I hate the 3rd gen. It caused me to quit Pokemon for a couple years. Love gen 2, ah the memories.
---
Quoting the Topic Creator's original post is stupid and redundant.
I'm here for intelligent arguments or flaming. It's your job to decipher which.
#15gamester_12345Posted 3/11/2013 8:38:47 AM
I have positive bias towards gen 2...

...Mostly because it built upon what was a potentially breaky generation (mostly from Psychic being the best, bug moves only consisting of Pin missle...on something like Jolteon) to something quite expansive.

Sprite quality went up
Added more moves to types such as Bug and Dragon
Adde Steel and Dark types to balance the existing types
Added time/Day
Hold Items!

As an overall thing, Gen 2 added the most from a standard point of view, however the 3rd Gen added the standard of a Battle Frontier-esque a...though R/S is a bit sour for my tastes...but thats because of changes and problems they...

Removed Time/Days to boast something trivial as TV gab.
Heavily expanded Berries, some more feasible than others.
Added Abilities!

Little qualms with R/S itself.
Pickup is pretty OP in R/S, though Emerald balanced it to an extent.
Aftergame content is non-existent. again, Emerald added some.

Maybe G/S was where the series grew the beard because they truely intended for the game to be a sequal to R/B, but then they found out Pokemon was a cashcow franchise long before they released G/S in japan, thus the large revamp of the battle system and links to the previous generation's locations and plot made it a bit progressive.

Though R/S started off on a whole new slate that almost made the audience felt like Continuity Reboot-levels....most older Pokemon wasn't even obtainable until they released Colosseum, XD, FR/LG and Emerald...it felt like the largest cashgrab for the franchise for the moment. :x
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2356
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Jarlsberg
#16NumberXIPosted 3/11/2013 9:13:56 AM
None-until I saw how worked up some people get over Gen 1. No reason just me being a d*ck.