This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When people are genwunners...

#1LightningAce11Posted 3/11/2013 1:02:57 AM
It means they only like red and blue, right? So how come they don't like fire red and leaf green, which are essentially the same games but with a graphics upgrade with a few gameplay changes?
---
The bottom line is wrong
The top line is right
#2jneal57Posted 3/11/2013 1:04:43 AM
genrunner= new<old
---
http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=955240
#3SocranPosted 3/11/2013 1:04:57 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
It means they only like red and blue, right? So how come they don't like fire red and leaf green, which are essentially the same games but with a graphics upgrade with a few gameplay changes?

My friend claims that Abilities ruined that game. He doesn't actually hate any generation except 3, but he includes FR/LG in that generation.

I think he's just overreacting because Earthquake didn't work on Koga's Koffing. He was enjoying the game just fine until that happened.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#4Twilight_SonataPosted 3/11/2013 1:05:09 AM
LightningAce11 posted...
It means they only like red and blue, right?

Not necessarily. A genwunner may very well like FRLG.
---
My NIDOKING brings all the boys to the yard:
http://goo.gl/ExAoe
#5LightningAce11(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2013 1:05:29 AM
Don't they only like the game? Why not like the updated versions of the game?
---
The bottom line is wrong
The top line is right
#6KingTaurosPosted 3/11/2013 1:21:58 AM
Natures, Abilities, the inferior EV system, the Special split, the graphics style is less charming, etc,.

Basically it is inferior in every way, I don't even see how the two are comparable to be honest.
#7iKhanicPosted 3/11/2013 1:40:33 AM
There is legitimate reason to dislike abilities. They sort of shake up the game to someone new to the newer games.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#8MettanAtemPosted 3/11/2013 1:54:13 AM
iKhanic posted...
There is legitimate reason to dislike abilities. They sort of shake up the game to someone new to the newer games.

But they add a whole new level of depth to strategy.
#9King-gamerPosted 3/11/2013 2:45:47 AM
They just sad because TM Fissure no longer exists and can't be taught to their No Guard Machamp.
---
This is a sig. Yup.
#10pokemonfreak97Posted 3/11/2013 4:48:48 AM
KingTauros posted...
Natures, Abilities, the inferior EV system, the Special split, the graphics style is less charming, etc,.

Basically it is inferior in every way, I don't even see how the two are comparable to be honest.

Natures: As long as you don't use Pokémon with bad natures for them, it shouldn't affect much. Your Wartortle might just take special hits better at the expense of his already-low speed.

Abilities: Is this just "I can't blaze through Koga with my free Dig TM"? If so, you can use a Psychic type. Or is it "It's hard to PP stall Mewtwo"? They aren't bad; they just make the game a little more varied.

EVs: You just seem to be upset that they added more decisions you need to consider. Having to pick how to allocate them (and if you're playing in-game, you don't even need to, just like RBY; you'll just get an overall OK-good Pokémon instead of a great one, which isn't necessary for in-game) adds a lot of strategy, and if you're trying to make good Pokémon, it's better to have to specialize than just do the Mew glitch until you have perfect EVs.

Special split: Wait... you think the Special split was a bad thing? It may have weakened some Pokémon that were mixed powerhouses offensively or defensively, but a bad thing? I can't even see where you could be coming from on this...

Graphics style: OK, you didn't like it. Graphics are subjective, so I can't and won't argue on this.

To everyone else, I know exactly who and what he is. I'm just seeing how he responds to a full response to his complaints.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4