This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think about the move Double Team?

#11KeeperOfShadowsPosted 3/11/2013 11:15:00 AM
NumberXI posted...
Indifferent. If Im not prepared for it-def keeps me on my toes in battle. On my end though its useless. Luck is not a friend of mine so i could use it a hundred times and it wouldnt matter.

Same here. Evasion boosting rarely does me much good so I hardly bother with it.
---
Feel free to apply sarcasm tags if you didn't like my post.
#12LenneValkiryePosted 3/11/2013 11:17:47 AM
Nowhere near as broken as most noob players think.
The move is perfectly fine and no less competitive than Jirachi's Iron Head or Thundurus's Prankster Thunder Wave.

For starters, you need a reliably recovery move to make use of it.
If you don't you just threw away a moveslot.
If you do have a recovery move, then you better be able to have perfect coverage in 2 moves. Which means you can't run a second setup/support move, which means a smart opponent will setup on you with something like Calm Mind or Swords Dance while you spam DT.
You will eventually get KO'd and the opponent then sweeps you.

DT is a noob strategy, plain and simple.
#13Shadow_Navi_EXPosted 3/11/2013 11:23:15 AM
I'm not against moves, abilities and items that increase evasion.

Is far from being a broken tactic. You lose turns to setup, a ability slot or another useful item, and isn't guaranteed that the enemy attack is going to miss.

If the enemy has increased his evasion stat, it can be removed with a forced switch (Whirlwind, Roar, Dragon Tail, Circle Trow, Red Card, Trick a Eject Button and attacking), Clear Smog, Haze, Heart Swap.
For the abilities you can change the weather (all are weather based), Worry Seed, Gastro Acid, Simple Beam.
And for the item you can use Trick, Switcheroo, Knock off, Embargo, Magic Room.

If the rival has a high evasion, you can nullify it using Odor Sleuth, Miracle Eye, Foresight, a high precision attack, a perfect accuracy attack, Hone Claws, Lock-On, Mind Reader, Heart Swap, No Guard, Compound Eyes, Victory Star, Wide Lens, Zoom Lens.

And for the lulz, you can use Psych Up or Heart Swap to give you these stats.
#14erekwashere15Posted 3/11/2013 11:23:26 AM
I use it on a Sand Veil Golem holding BrightPowder on my Sand Team in the PWT, and it's not remotely as broken as everybody claims it to be. Somehow the foes can still hit me with a Hydro Pump after two uses.
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#15TIGERJACKS0NPosted 3/11/2013 11:23:33 AM
Grand_Blue posted...
CarbideTitan posted...
It's a legitimate strategy

---
http://i.imgur.com/ZKnlH.jpg -my girlfriend <3
http://i.imgur.com/JN9dp.jpg -I love her so much ^_^
#16Pendragon71037Posted 3/11/2013 11:25:42 AM
erekwashere15 posted...
I use it on a Sand Veil Golem holding BrightPowder on my Sand Team in the PWT, and it's not remotely as broken as everybody claims it to be. Somehow the foes can still hit me with a Hydro Pump after two uses.

That's because the PWT AI cheats.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Official Torterra of the White 2 board.
#17CJShinesPosted 3/11/2013 11:27:45 AM
I only like it when I use it. When other people use it, "it can go burn in the fiery pits of Hell."
#18BenifyPosted 3/11/2013 1:42:51 PM
Double Team is ok.

Minimize can go die in a fire, though.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0948 5189 2763
#19UltimaZangetsuPosted 3/11/2013 1:45:24 PM
My response to 99% of the external stimuli in my life: indifference. This includes Double Team.
---
"As I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother ****er in the goddamn valley!"