This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your reaction: Nintendo files a lawsuit against Smogon.

#41RunebogglePosted 3/12/2013 5:27:49 PM
I don't f****** give a goddamn f*** about a reading comprehension lacking loser's opinons. You're just another filthy hypocrite who s***posts himself. All I see from you is the same s***posting so you're no better, kid. Funny how you're b******* about others when you can't even comprehend a short post.

Oh cool, insults. I live off these, thanks for the sustenance.

Admit it, you just got butthurt I made fun of your friend/alt.

I couldn't give less of a s*** about Aura. In fact, he's highlighted under my s***poster list, so there's really no reason for me to defend him.
---
Si || http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G6SR0TYlWw
#42GiftedACIIIPosted 3/12/2013 6:02:41 PM
Runeboggle posted...
I don't f****** give a goddamn f*** about a reading comprehension lacking loser's opinons. You're just another filthy hypocrite who s***posts himself. All I see from you is the same s***posting so you're no better, kid. Funny how you're b******* about others when you can't even comprehend a short post.

Oh cool, insults. I live off these, thanks for the sustenance.

Admit it, you just got butthurt I made fun of your friend/alt.

I couldn't give less of a s*** about Aura. In fact, he's highlighted under my s***poster list, so there's really no reason for me to defend him.

I'm glad I could feed and help sustain a troll. Though that lack of reading comprehension is coming back to bite you. Hint: That post wasn't serious
#43RunebogglePosted 3/12/2013 6:18:57 PM
I'm glad I could feed and help sustain a troll. Though that lack of reading comprehension is coming back to bite you. Hint: That post wasn't serious

A troll? Me? I'm not the one that goes around insulting anyone who doesn't agree with me.
---
Si || http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUMFL0Gckkg
#44Brandon042487Posted 3/12/2013 6:24:45 PM
GiftedACIII posted...
Aurawhisperer posted...
Pokemon online looks stupid.

I rather play a game that is actually made by the company. Not some copyright brat

Stupidest post ever. Ignorant joke poster confirmed. Its not even because of a dumb opinion, that statement was just completely incorrect rofl.

Also Nintendo has no grounds against smogon, not as if they cared, look at how easily the DS and Wii are modded. And the ace attorney games

No offence but Nintendo can sue who ever made Pokemon Showdown and who distributes it if they do not have the correct permissions, they don't do anything now because it's a free program. But the moment Nintendo decides to capitalize the idea of the online battle simulators is when you'll see more legal suits to shutdown the competition.
---
>Insert Signature Here<
#45GiftedACIIIPosted 3/12/2013 6:28:32 PM
Runeboggle posted...

A troll? Me? I'm not the one that goes around insulting anyone who doesn't agree with me.

Yes you do. Though I always approve of it so I never call you out.

No offence but Nintendo can sue who ever made Pokemon Showdown and who distributes it if they do not have the correct permissions, they don't do anything now because it's a free program. But the moment Nintendo decides to capitalize the idea of the online battle simulators is when you'll see more legal suits to shutdown the competition.

You got a point but still with how badly the DS and the Wii got hacked with R4s and stuff and the huge amount of ROMhacks out there I don't think they care too much about a freeware that is solely on one aspect of the game.
#46Brandon042487Posted 3/12/2013 6:34:48 PM
You soley underestimate the lengths of any company's way of making a buck.

A Company that probably has more money than the guy who made PO and the Distributers combined.

If they felt like they could just sue by using the name Pokemon since the name itself is Trademarked, they don't have to necessary target the program, the name, and Pokemon sprites can be subjected to a trademark suit.
---
>Insert Signature Here<
#47SinExDeathPosted 3/12/2013 10:30:32 PM(edited)
I can see the simulators, the sprites, and the pokemon logo being taken down. But everything else, kinda stupid. If they have take down the walkthroughs and analysis', they would have to target GameFAQS next since the faqs here have similar information or make any talks of RNGing a moddable offense.

As far as lifting bans and abolishing Smogon's rules go, how would they inforce them?
Boot me off for not having Excadrill in my party? Not using Double Team? Refuse to use Spore on more than 3 of my opponent's Pokemon? Having a Rain team without a Swift Swim 'Poke when I have a Drizzletoad?

I can see abolishing bans, but Smogon's ruleset will always exist as long as there is a large enough of a group that uses them. Can't kill an idea.
---
Asketh Ky to Sol, "Heaven or Hell?" and Sol, being of Gear did say "Let's Rock."
Roman Cancels 1:14
#48Hierarchy225Posted 3/12/2013 11:18:49 PM
I would not care. Also the rules would still exist.
#49GiftedACIIIPosted 3/13/2013 4:16:39 AM
SinExDeath posted...
I can see the simulators, the sprites, and the pokemon logo being taken down. But everything else, kinda stupid. If they have take down the walkthroughs and analysis', they would have to target GameFAQS next since the faqs here have similar information or make any talks of RNGing a moddable offense.

As far as lifting bans and abolishing Smogon's rules go, how would they inforce them?
Boot me off for not having Excadrill in my party? Not using Double Team? Refuse to use Spore on more than 3 of my opponent's Pokemon? Having a Rain team without a Swift Swim 'Poke when I have a Drizzletoad?

I can see abolishing bans, but Smogon's ruleset will always exist as long as there is a large enough of a group that uses them. Can't kill an idea.

If they felt like they could just sue by using the name Pokemon since the name itself is Trademarked, they don't have to necessary target the program, the name, and Pokemon sprites can be subjected to a trademark suit.

That means serebii, bulbapedia, and other sources like Pokebeach and even deviantart drawings are liable for lawsuit. No, its not, there is thing called Free Use.