This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

probably old but wow at these fake eevee evolutions

#11P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 3/12/2013 4:15:39 PM
VoidEnvoy posted...
P0k3m0nWaRR10R8 posted...
VoidEnvoy posted...
A little old, but Sylveon > Any of those..

Fixed that for you.

Honestly, Sylveon doesn't even look like an eeveelution, at least in my opinion, whereas all of those do. Not to mention they're just really well designed.

Also, I'm pretty sure the artist didn't come up with the goofy names.

Fixed that back.

Honestly, I don't get hate for Sylveon. The only thing that distinguishes it from other Eeveelutions is the eyes, and even those are miniscule changes. She's got a pretty awesome design and soon enough people will start to appreciate her, just like Oshawott

I don't hate Sylveon. I agree that Sylveon has a pretty nice design. I just don't think it fits with the other eeveelutions.

Mainly, it's because all of the eeveelutions look like their type. Jolteon looks like electricity, Flareon looks like fire, Espeon looks like a psychic type (with the forehead gem, and the pink and the glowing eyes), Leafeon looks like grass, etc.

What does Sylveon look like? Nothing. Sylveon doesn't look like any of the unused eeveelution types. Bug? I guess the eyes, but that's it. Ghost? Looks nothing like a ghost. Dragon? Oh please. Normal? Maybe, but who has ever wanted a normal type eeveelution? Flying? Maybe a little, but I really don't see how Sylveon looks like a flying type.

All of those fakemon look like their type, so in my opinion they are better designed eeveelutions than Sylveon, who looks like nothing. I still think Sylveon looks good, it's just not a good eeveelution.

Ok, I see where you're coming from. I personally can see it clearly as a flying type (maybe that's an oversight in itself, but oh well), whereas you can't. So there's not going to be a solution there.
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam
#12VoidEnvoyPosted 3/12/2013 4:29:42 PM
Ok, I see where you're coming from. I personally can see it clearly as a flying type (maybe that's an oversight in itself, but oh well), whereas you can't. So there's not going to be a solution there.

Well, I can understand why people might see Sylveon as flying (the scarves, being the lightest eeveelution, sky blue eyes, overall "light and fluffy" appearance), I just don't think those are obvious enough indicators of its type. If Gamefreak had released images of Glaceon or Leafeon, for exapmle, before revealing their types, everyone would have known what types they were. All eeveelutions are like this, except Sylveon. With Sylveon nobody is sure.

That said, I do think Sylveon is most likely flying type, since I can't find any more likely type it could be. Unless they reveal a new type, but I don't see that happening.

One thing that bugs me is the fact that in both generations where new eeveelutions were released (II and IV) there were two new eeveelutions. Right now all we know of for Gen VI is Sylveon. Could there perhaps be another new eeveelution hiding behind the scenes, or is Gamefreak going to break their tradition this time around?

Thanks, by the way, for being reasonable. It's nice to have a discussion with someone here on the board without it devolving into a bout of hurling insults back and forth. It's refreshing.
#13P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 3/12/2013 4:33:34 PM
VoidEnvoy posted...

Well, I can understand why people might see Sylveon as flying (the scarves, being the lightest eeveelution, sky blue eyes, overall "light and fluffy" appearance), I just don't think those are obvious enough indicators of its type. If Gamefreak had released images of Glaceon or Leafeon, for exapmle, before revealing their types, everyone would have known what types they were. All eeveelutions are like this, except Sylveon. With Sylveon nobody is sure.

That said, I do think Sylveon is most likely flying type, since I can't find any more likely type it could be. Unless they reveal a new type, but I don't see that happening.

One thing that bugs me is the fact that in both generations where new eeveelutions were released (II and IV) there were two new eeveelutions. Right now all we know of for Gen VI is Sylveon. Could there perhaps be another new eeveelution hiding behind the scenes, or is Gamefreak going to break their tradition this time around?

Thanks, by the way, for being reasonable. It's nice to have a discussion with someone here on the board without it devolving into a bout of hurling insults back and forth. It's refreshing.

I know some people might firmly cast aside this theory, but I'm going to buy into the "Oh, there will be a male eeveelution to pair with Sylveon", because honestly I can only see Sylveon as a female type. And yes, I had forgotten to mention that, although I do see Sylveon as a Flying type, the connection isn't as clear as it has been in previous gens.

And no problem; these boards can get tiresome, but sometimes there are good discussions to be found
---
#14person_pitchPosted 3/12/2013 4:34:41 PM
The fighting type name must be Bludgeon.
#15BottledPoePosted 3/12/2013 4:36:16 PM
The poison one has always been my favorite since I've seen those.
---
3DS FC: 3050-7585-1835
#16VoidEnvoyPosted 3/12/2013 4:42:39 PM
VoidEnvoy posted...

I know some people might firmly cast aside this theory, but I'm going to buy into the "Oh, there will be a male eeveelution to pair with Sylveon", because honestly I can only see Sylveon as a female type. And yes, I had forgotten to mention that, although I do see Sylveon as a Flying type, the connection isn't as clear as it has been in previous gens.

And no problem; these boards can get tiresome, but sometimes there are good discussions to be found

I can definitely see Sylveon being female-only, with a male-only eeveelution to complement it. That said, we've had plenty of "girly" pokemon that can be both genders. Bellossom, Cherrim, Lopunny, and Gardevoir, to name a few (though Gardevoir does have a male counterpart in Gallade).

Despite that, though, I really do think we're going to have a "masculine" counterpart to Sylveon, if only because of the "2 eeveelutions every-other generation" tradition. Perhaps it could be fighting, since Fighting and Flying are sort of opposites. Most people tend to put Fighting opposite to Ghost, though. Maybe Ground? Ooh, yeah, Ground's a possibility for a second eeveelution.
#17P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 3/12/2013 4:44:36 PM
VoidEnvoy posted...
VoidEnvoy posted...

I can definitely see Sylveon being female-only, with a male-only eeveelution to complement it. That said, we've had plenty of "girly" pokemon that can be both genders. Bellossom, Cherrim, Lopunny, and Gardevoir, to name a few (though Gardevoir does have a male counterpart in Gallade).

Despite that, though, I really do think we're going to have a "masculine" counterpart to Sylveon, if only because of the "2 eeveelutions every-other generation" tradition. Perhaps it could be fighting, since Fighting and Flying are sort of opposites. Most people tend to put Fighting opposite to Ghost, though. Maybe Ground? Ooh, yeah, Ground's a possibility for a second eeveelution.

I was thinking Ground. It would establish a land/air theme which could be cool, and also accord with the "one of the eeveelutions in each gen must hold a type advantage over the other" caveat of Eeveelutions.
---
#18VoidEnvoyPosted 3/12/2013 4:51:22 PM
I was thinking Ground. It would establish a land/air theme which could be cool, and also accord with the "one of the eeveelutions in each gen must hold a type advantage over the other" caveat of Eeveelutions.

I... never noticed that. I can't believe I never noticed that. Nice observation! That just supports Sylveon being flying with a ground counterpart even more.

There's some rumors that we'll be getting some info on the game tomorrow, so cross your fingers; we might get some answers.
#19CharizardFirePosted 3/12/2013 4:55:07 PM
There's something wrong with the evolution methods (other than them already existing, for the most part, and Eevee not being able to utilize them).

Eevee evolves into Pesteon with a Dawn Stone. The Dawn Stone has a theme: gender-specific evolutions. So does that mean that Pesteon is male-only or female-only?

Eevee evolves into Neutreon with a Moon Stone. Wouldn't the Moon Stone be a better fit for Umbreon?
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#20GastroFanPosted 3/12/2013 4:56:19 PM
Sylveon could be a fighting type since Mienfoo/Mienshao has those hand thingies that it uses to attack with and the Timburr/Gurdurr/Conkeldurr line their wood and/or concrete beams. It could even be flying/fighting since we haven't had that type of pokemon yet.

Official Cresselia of B/W2 and X/Y Boards; Official Darkrai of PMD: Gates to Infinity Board
When will there be an official Cresselia event?