This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A "purifying" evolution chain?

#1Minjo26Posted 3/12/2013 6:23:53 PM
I recently bought a shirt that has a phylogeny of Eevee and the original three evolutions, and underneath it says "divergent evolution"

Pretty much all chains are directional evolution except for Eevee, Tyrogue, Raltz (and maybe a few others?)

Anyways, just since it hasn't been done before, I'd like to see a chain where there are two or three unique Pokemon that all evolve into the same final form. Just so we can truly have all three types of evolution! :D
#2Whats_Up4444Posted 3/12/2013 6:27:23 PM
I'd like to see that. :|

Probably moves and abilities depending on its base form.
---
Oh no! My http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/570198-basketball-nightmare/ ! :o
http://tital.bigforumpro.com/ Join the Haven of all Kingdom Hearts Roleplays!
#3MichaelollPosted 3/12/2013 6:29:21 PM
plusle and minun can both evolve into a third version iguess?
#4MichaelollPosted 3/12/2013 6:57:55 PM
helllo?
#5Missing NumberPosted 3/12/2013 7:11:40 PM
Immediately your topic conjured up:

Curchin
The spiny curse Pokemon
Ghost/Water
Rumor has it in ages gone by these Pokemon were used to purify the accursed to the point that the entire species has become tainted

Evolves into
Leecherous
Ghost/Water

And again into
Spectraglobin
Ghost/Water

But in recent times it has been found the cursed spirits could become unbound again by human intervention

Dawn stone "shedinjas" a ghost type from curchin evolving them into a pure Pokemon and a ghost respectively, which go on to have their own evo and prevo, effectively merging 3 lines.... however you can breed egg moves from one to the other as breeding between all 3 final forms is acceptable

....at least thats the idea the name of this topic gave me

I'd go into more detail but it is just a fakemon... perhaps if I ever get back into poke hacking I'll use it

PS: I think this is the only Pokemon our fearless immortal unaging peterpan hero Ash Ketchum would choose to evolve, as it would be "lifting a curse" and a positive move

PPS: think slowpoke n shelder could do the same thing sorta?
---
If I ain't gonna be part of the greatest, I gotta be the greatest myself! ~ Busta Rhymes
#6MichaelollPosted 3/12/2013 7:26:00 PM
^ that's some interesting stuff you got there
#7IrisVilePosted 3/12/2013 7:36:16 PM
So sort of like Burmy, but they only share a final form?
---
One Girl + One Eevee = A Solo Run To RuleThem All http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960099-pokemon-heartgold-version/60725080
#8Missing NumberPosted 3/12/2013 8:23:47 PM
Thanks mike, just random inspiration , ofcourse
---
If I ain't gonna be part of the greatest, I gotta be the greatest myself! ~ Busta Rhymes
#9vital_tundraPosted 3/12/2013 8:25:43 PM
I kinda don't like that idea. Because you would end up with one final evo instead of 2 or 3 or what have you.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#10Missing NumberPosted 3/12/2013 8:45:50 PM
Yeah mine is a bit different than topic, the idea of all roads leading home kinds sucks...... unless they had unique features making them the same but different....

like hitmonchan > hitmonbawss has an arm flexed pose, enhanced 'chan' stats and of course punches from his prevo
Hitmonlee > hitmonbawss has a roundhouse pose, different colored pants, and 'lee' stats n kicks.
Hitmontop > hitmonbawss (stop me anytime, its a madeup name) has a capouera style and has a more pronounced horn... and 'top' stats

Or

If plusle n minun became pikachu or raichu somehow, they would have obvious markings of blue or red or pluses and minuses on their cheeks

If you "Dioxys" your final form, its alright I guess, but I do like my idea too, (even though that's 9 slots of your pokedex used up)
---